Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1883–1889-O/P $1 Morgan 10-Coin Set NGC BU Pittman Act Label
10-Piece Morgan Silver Dollar Collection
In the annals of history, the Silver Dollar is king. In any incarnation, it’s the most widely collected and coveted coin struck by the U.S. Mint. And when it comes to vintage U.S. coins, the Morgan Silver Dollar stands atop the rest. Sought out for its beauty as well as incredibly history, the Morgan Silver Dollar nearly met its end thanks to the Pittman Act of 1918, which authorized the melting of millions of Morgan Silver Dollars.
This 10-coin set brings together a consecutive date run of Morgans from 1883 to 1889, and includes coins struck at the “Mother Mint” in Philadelphia as well as the storied New Orleans Mint. Each coin comes certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, sealed with an exclusive Pittman Act label denoting the 100th anniversary of the Act that nearly cost us one of America’s most prized coins.
You’ll also receive a 20-coin aluminum row box, a storybook on the U.S. Mint, a storybook on the Legends of the Wild West, and a copy of the 120-page book Morgan Dollar by Miles Standish.
- AMERICAN ICON – The Morgan is as American as the Wild West. That is mostly due to it being originally struck in the era of cowboys. These coins could have been flipped in saloons, robbed from trains, held by gun slingers, and traded between cattle rustlers.
- FULL SET – This set of ten Morgan Dollars spans from 1883 to 1889 and will either add more to your existing collection or serve as an excellent starting point.
- EXCLUSIVE LABEL – All NGC coin labels are exclusive to GovMint with each one featuring a pedigree of “Pittman Act” along with an image of the US Treasury and a ribbon stating “1918-1920.”
- SPECIAL CASE – Each 10-coin set comes with a special 20-coin aluminum row box giving you plenty of space to grow your collection.
- YOUR OWN LIBRARY – More than just the 10 Morgans, this set also includes 3 different books on the history of the Wild West, the US Mint, and Morgan Dollar itself.
- AN ENDANGERED SPECIES – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence!
The Morgan Dollar is a perfect symbol of American spirit. Forged in the Old West and still kicking to this day, they make a great addition to the collection of any patriot, history buff, or coin collector. Plus, with all of the extra bonuses, this 10-coin set is an easy choice. So, buy yours now here at GovMint.Com!
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O, Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|