Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1849-1854 1 Dollar Gold Liberty Type I XF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $299.00 $290.18
$149.50 / month
Seize Your First Ever California Gold Rush Gold Dollar
Prior to 1849 the United Sates Mint did not strike gold dollars because there wasn't enough gold available to do so. After gold was discovered in California in 1848, the precious metal began flowing into the mint in quantities sufficient for the mint to strike its first gold dollar in 1849. This $1 Gold Liberty Head gold dollar struck at the Philadelphia Mint dates between 1849 and 1854 and is in collector grade of About Uncirculated (AU). The attractive design features Miss Liberty on the obverse and a wreath enclosing the denomination of the reverse. This design was used by the mint between 1849 and 1854.
• Each Coin is Struck in 90% Pure Gold -- The same precious gold content used on all vintage U.S. gold coins
• Designed by James B. Longacre -- One of the most celebrated and prolific coin designers in U.S. Mint history
• Coins Struck Between 1849 and 1854 -- You will receive one of the historic coins, the date is our choice
• One of the Most Affordable U.S. Gold Coins -- A great way to start or add to your collection of U.S. gold
• Struck from Gold California Gold Rush Gold -- A historic story to tell your friends about
• Extremely Fine Condition -- Showing only slight trace of wear on Miss Liberty's hair
These small gold coins were never struck in large quantities, which by itself would certainly make them scarce today, over 150 years later. But their small size and the fact that they were used in daily commerce meant many were lost or simply wore out. Here's a great opportunity to add one or more of these California Gold Rush coins to your collection!
Every year these popular gold coins get harder and harder to find. By securing yours today, you can avoid future disappointment and the uncertainty of future supplies and prices. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||1849|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||1.67 Grams - g|