Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1854-1855-AW 1856-1860-O 50 Cent Seated Liberty Silver Half Dollar NGC Shipwreck SS Republic 7pc Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $4,495.00 $4,362.40
$1,123.75 / month
Sunken Treasures Recovered from the SS Republic
The SS Republic’s last voyage began on October 18, 1865. She departed New York bound for New Orleans with a reported $400,000 in gold and silver coins. On October 23, the sidewheel steamship found itself off the coast of Georgia when it was caught in hurricane that blew in from the east. By evening the ship’s hull was leaking so badly that the fire in her boiler was extinguished and the ship had helplessly stalled. After two days of valiant struggle to keep the vessel afloat, the SS Republic went down just as the passengers and crew escaped into lifeboats and a makeshift raft.
Fast forward 138 years and a report crackled over a wireless radio in the offices at Odyssey Marine Exploration: The SS Republic had been found! The news culminated a 12-year search by the Tampa, Florida-based commercial archeological company. Recovery efforts began on the sunken remains of the SS Republic, a find containing thousands of gold and silver coins estimated at being worth today as much as $180 million.
Now you can add recovered treasures from the wreck to your collection! Secure a seven-piece set of Seated Liberty Half Dollars struck at the New Orleans Mint, including 1854, 1855, 1856, 1857, 1859 and 1860 dates – all certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as official “Shipwreck Effect” coins coming from the wreck of the SS Republic. These coins were struck in the years leading up the Civil War.
When was the last time you added a real piece of American sunken treasure to your collection – one that spent nearly 140 years underwater? Don’t miss out, put this spectacular set in your cart today!
- HISTORIC CIVIL WAR-ERA COINS – Each coin in this set is a historic Civil War-era silver coin recovered from the Atlantic Ocean floor from the wreck of the SS Republic. The 1854 and 1855 coins also feature an arrowhead design flanking the date of the obverse and a glory of rays surrounding the eagle on the reverse.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS FROM A BYGONE ERA – Your coins are legal tender United States half dollars struck at the New Orleans Mint more than 155 years ago.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each of the coins in your 1854-1860-O SS Republic Seated Liberty Half Dollar 7-piece Set was struck in 90% silver.
- UNIQUE SHIPWRECK GRADE COINS – These coins have all been conserved, attributed and encapsulated by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as official “Shipwreck Effect” coins coming from the famous wreck of the SS Republic.
- BEAUTIFUL PACKAGING – Your set will come beautifully housed in a black presentation cases an accompanied by the book Lost Gold of the Republic. The set also comes with a leather-bound storybook with a single cut out and a DVD that recounts the sinking and recovery of the SS Republic.
Quantities are limited so order yours today!
|Year of Issue||1860, 1859, 1858, 1857, 1856, 1855, 1854|
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||12.44 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/3 Ounce - oz|