Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1854-1856 1 Dollar Gold Indian Type II BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $1,759.00 $1,707.11
$439.75 / month
Seize Your Type II “Indian Princess” California Gold Rush Gold Dollar
Prior to 1849 the United Sates Mint did not strike gold dollars because there wasn't enough gold available to do so. After gold was discovered in California in 1848, the precious metal began flowing in quantities sufficient enough for the mint to strike its first gold dollar in 1849. The Type I gold dollar was minted between 1849 and 1854. This Type II $1 Liberty Head gold dollar was struck between 1854 and 1856 and is in remarkable Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. The attractive design features Miss Liberty on the obverse wearing a pompom headdress and a wreath enclosing the denomination of the reverse. This design was used by the mint between 1854 and 1856.
- Each Coin is Struck in 90% Pure Gold – The same precious gold content used on all vintage U.S. gold coins
- Designed by James B. Longacre – One of the most celebrated and prolific coin designers in U.S. Mint history
- Coins Struck Between 1854 and 1856 – You will receive one of the historic coins, the date and mint is our choice.
- One of the Most Affordable U.S. Gold Coins – A great way to start or add to your collection of U.S. gold
- Struck from Gold California Gold Rush Gold – A historic story to tell your friends about
- Nicknamed the “Indian Princess” – Because Miss Liberty wears a pompom headdress
- Brilliant Uncirculated Condition – Showing all of its original mint luster just as it did the day it left the mint
Every year these popular gold coins get harder and harder to find. These small gold coins were never struck in large quantities, which by itself would certainly make them scarce today, more than 150 years later. But thanks to their small size and the fact that they were used in daily commerce means many were lost or simply wore out. Here's a great opportunity to add one or more of these Type II Gold Dollars in Brilliant Uncirculated condition to your collection! By securing yours today, you can avoid future disappointment and the uncertainty of future supplies and price. Dates and mints vary.
|Year of Issue||(Date Our Choice)|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||1.67 Grams - g|