Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1855 50 Dollar Kellogg Restrike GEM Proof
- 2.5 Troy Ounces of .887 Fine Gold recovered from SS Central America shipwreck.
- Struck in San Francisco utilizing vintage original San Francisco Mint press.
- One of the greatest shipwrecks of all time that has a fascinating story to go with it.
- About the original coin, prominent Fort Worth coin dealer B. Max Mehl referred to the Kellogg & Co. fifty dollar gold piece as "the most beautiful of all Pioneer gold coins and one of the rarest."
- An original 1855 $50 Kellogg & Co. Fifty Dollar PR64 Cameo PCGS sold in 2014 for $763,500.
Only 14 examples of the Kellogg $50 are known to present-day collectors.
|Year of Issue||1855|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|