Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1857-S $20 Gold Liberty SS Central America PCGS MS62
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $12,695.00 $12,320.50
$3,173.75 / month
Sunken American Treasure from the famous SS Central America
In September of 1857, the SS Central America was on its way to deliver mint-fresh $20 Gold Liberty Double Eagles from the San Francisco Mint to the U.S. Treasury vaults in Washington, D.C. Fate, however, had other plans.
The Central America was caught in a hurricane 160 miles East of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. Her crew did the best they could, but on September 12, 1857 the ship went down, taking with her 426 passengers and crew. Thousands of gold and silver coins now sat 8,500 feet below the waves at the bottom of the Atlantic.
Eventually, those coins were recovered, and thanks to gold’s resistance to the effects of salt water, you can now take home beautiful collector-grade 1857-S $20 Gold Liberties from this famous shipwreck! Bring home this beautiful coin graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in outstanding Mint State-62 (MS62) condition. Your coin will come presented in a large-format holder along with an incredible bonus: a gold proof containing a real pinch of California gold dust!
Demand for these new pieces is incredibly high, and we don’t expect to hang on to them for long. Get yours before they’re completely sold out.
- AUTHENTIC SHIPWRECK COINS – These 1857-S Gold Liberty Double Eagles were recovered from the shipwreck of the S.S. Central America, one of the most famous shipwrecks in American history. Authentic shipwreck coins are always popular with collectors, especially with those with the history and pedigree of these coins.
- OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY – When it foundered off the coast off the coast of the Carolinas on September11, 1857, the S.S. Central America sank with 426 passengers and crew. In addition to the horrible loss of life, the shipwreck also helped sink the U.S. economy! The ship was carrying gold coins and ingots that would be the equivalent of nearly $300 million in today’s economy. The loss shook the American public to its core and contributed to the Panic of 1857.
- STRUCK IN CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH GOLD – These 1857-S Gold Liberty Double Eagles were struck at the San Francisco Mint in 90% gold – gold that was produced by the famous California Gold Rush!
- BEAUTIFUL MINT STATE CONDITION – Your 1857-S Gold Double Eagle recovered from the S.S. Central America shipwreck has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) to be in beautiful Mint State-62 (MS62) condition.
- COMES WITH A PINCH OF GOLD DUST – In addition to your gold shipwreck coin from the S.S. Central America, you will also receive a slabbed and certified “pinch” of gold dust recovered from the wreckage. Each slab contains various-sized gold dust, pellets and small nuggets recovered from the famous shipwreck.
Own an actual coin from the famous S.S. Central America shipwreck! Your 1857-S Liberty Head Gold Double Eagle was struck from California Gold Rush Gold! Add it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1857|
|Pedigree||Struck at San Francisco Mint|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||33.44 Grams - g|