Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1879–1904 Morgan Silver Dollar NGC/PCGS MS64 PL
Join the 1% Morgan Club
One of the least-known facts about America’s most popular collector coin – the Morgan Silver Dollar – is that only about 1% of Morgans are graded as being in Proof-Like (PL) condition. Though not traditional Proof coins, these Morgans were some of the first to be struck from newly polished dies, giving them slightly mirrored surfaces. There’s so few because the effect quickly wears off the dies. At only a small premium over non-Proof-Like dollars, these are a great buy, and are getting harder to find every day. Each coin available in this offer dates between 1879 and 1904 and comes certified in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-64 (MS64) condition by either the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) or the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS). Dates and grading service vary.
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN – The Morgan Silver Dollar – so named for its designer, U.S. Mint Assistant Engraver George T. Morgan – has stood the test of time. Struck from 1878-1904 and again in 1921. The coins in this offer were struck between 1879 and 1904. Dates will vary.
- BIG SILVER COINS – Struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver, the Morgan Silver Dollar is a big coin 38.1 mm in diameter.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS – Morgan’s historic design depicts a profile of Lady Liberty on the obverse while the reverse features an eagle with outstretched wings.
- GORGEOUS HIGH-GRADE CONDITION – Your Morgan Silver Dollar has been graded by either the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) or the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-64 (MS64) condition. Grading service varies.
- INCREDIBLE “PROOF-LIKE” CERTIFICATION – The coins available in this offer have also been certified as being Proof-Like coins, which means that although they weren’t struck as proof coins, their brilliant and reflective finish has earned them a "Proof-Like" designation.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence – and only about 1% have received a Proof-Like (PL) designation!
Only 1% of the Morgan Silver Dollar population has received a Proof-Like designation. Here’s your chance to get one and join an elite fraternity of Morgan Collectors. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||(Date Our Choice)|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|