Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1880-S & 1887-P Morgan Silver Dollar New York Bank Hoard Treasury 2-Piece Set NGC MS66
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $995.00 $965.65
$331.67 / month
Breathtaking Morgan Silver Dollars from the Remarkable New York Bank Hoard
During the release of the Great Treasury Hoard in the 1960s, a numismatic broker in Brooklyn, New York named Edward’s Associates acquired a sizable number of unopened Morgan bags, 16 of which were sold to an unnamed individual who worked in the financial sector of Wall Street in lower Manhattan. The unopened bags were placed into a bank vault, and the owner walked away. For one of the first times in history, a modern find of unopened bags of Morgans could actually be traced back to, and certified as coming from, the Great Treasury Hoard!
For years, the family of the Wall Street employee who secured the bags of Morgan Silver Dollars simply paid the monthly fee for the vault. That fee was rather sizable, though, and the financial toll eventually led to the family deciding to open the vault and sell the coins. They contacted a number of leading coin experts, who quickly got to work. After carefully opening the bags and examining their contents, the experts estimated the value of the New York Bank Hoard to be between $1 and $1.5 million!
Now you can own a piece of this incredible New York Bank Hoard – the last of the Treasury Hoard bags of Morgan Silver Dollars – with this incredible two-coin set featuring the 1880-S (San Francisco “S” mark) and 1887-P (Philadelphia no mark) found in the Hoard. These coins have all been certified, graded and encapsulated by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Mint State-66 (MS66) condition. Out of the 16,000 coins in the hoard, just 842 earned a grade this high! Your set comes with a 120-page hardcover book on the Morgan Dollar by Miles Standish, story books on both the New York Bank Hoard and the famous Treasury Hoard, and a beautiful wooden display case.
Get your piece of the New York Bank Hoard of Morgan Silver Dollars from the original U.S. Treasury Hoard. Quantities are extremely limited, so secure this two-piece set now!
- COINS FROM THE MASSIVE NEW YORK BANK HOARD – These coins hail from the massive New York Bank Hoard. The hoard consisted of sixteen 1,000-coin bags of Morgan Silver Dollars acquired during the Treasury Hoard releases of the early 1960s. The owner of the hoard worked in New York City’s financial district and he purchased the coins from a Brooklyn coin dealer. The hoard’s original owner was an immigrant who grew up during the Great Depression and valued physical money. His family decided to sell the coins rather than continue paying an $800-per-month bank vault storage fee.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING AMERICAN SILVER – These Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 90% silver from the famous Comstock Lode.
- LEGAL TENDER SILVER DOLLARS – These coins were $1 legal tender and struck during the heyday of America’s Wild West era where coins were overwhelmingly preferred over paper currency.
- GRADED IN BEAUTIFUL UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – The coins in this set have all been certified, graded and encapsulated by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-66 (MS66) condition, meaning that each is an uncirculated coin that is very well struck with minimal marks and hairlines. Out of the 16,000 coins in the hoard, just 842 earned a grade this high!
- SPECIAL PEDIGREED LABEL – Your coins will each be encapsulated in an acrylic coin holder with a special “New York Bank Hoard” label that also notes the coin hails “From U.S. Treasury Bag” attesting it originated from the from the famous U.S. Treasury Hoard.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence – and fewer still remain in Choice Uncirculated condition!
|Year of Issue||1887, 1880|
|Pedigree||New York Bank Hoard|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P, San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|