Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1883-1902-O Morgan Silver Dollar NGC/PCGS MS63 7pc Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $625.00 $606.56
$208.33 / month
A Historic Mint, a Legendary Series, an Amazing Four-Coin Set!
Located in the city's famous French Quarter (or the Vieux Carré if you're a local), the former New Orleans Mint still stands today. Opened in 1838, it holds the distinction of being the only mint in America (and one of the very few, if any, in the world) that has operated under three different governments -- the United States of America, the Republic of Louisiana and the Confederate States of America. And while the sounds of striking metal have long since been replaced by music of a more soulful variety (the building is now home to the New Orleans Jazz Museum), this Louisiana State Museum site still features choice selections of the mint's original presses, scales and coins.
Speaking of coins, few are as storied as the Morgan Silver Dollar! Named for the coin's designer George T. Morgan, these stunning silver dollars make up the cornerstones of collections across the country and around the world. And it's not hard to see why! This time-honored combination of Lady Liberty and heraldic eagle has inspired legions of devoted fans. And now, you can bring home superb examples of both the New Orleans Mint's artistry AND the Morgan Silver Dollar series in this blockbuster seven-piece set!
- MAGNIFICENT MORGANS! -- These are the Morgan Silver Dollars you've come to love, featuring Miss Liberty's profile on one side and a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and arrows in its talons on the other.
- SEVEN YEARS OF NEW ORLEANS CRAFTSMANSHIP! -- Spanning the years of 1883, 1884, 1885, 1898, 1899, 1901 and 1902, this set literally bridges three decades and two centuries over seven magnificent coins -- all struck at the New Orleans Mint!
- AUTHENTIC U.S. LEGAL TENDER -- Of course, each of these 90% fine silver coins is one dollar U.S. legal tender. (They are silver dollars, after all!)
- CERTIFIED MINT STATE -- All seven coins will come certified Mint State-63 (MS63) by either Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) and/or Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) -- the specific service that graded each coin you receive will vary between the two. This distinction means that your coins will feature good strikes, surviving over a century with only moderate marks or hairlines -- not a small feat! In addition, each coin will be sonically sealed in its own individual acrylic holder, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- AMONG THE LAST TO SURVIVE! -- Facing everything from circulation wear to the heat of smelters, 85% of the millions of Morgans originally minted have disappeared according to expert estimates! Not counting those squirreled away in collections, beautiful Mint State-condition Morgans like these are getting harder to find!
Yes, there's absolutely the thrill of the hunt when it comes to finding Morgans for your collection. But, when our buyers are able to gather a selection like this in one shot, it's impossible to look away! Don't wait for these seven coins to land anywhere but your home -- order yours today!
|Year of Issue||1902, 1901, 1899, 1898, 1885, 1884, 1883|
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|