Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1886-P Morgan Silver Dollar New York Bank Hoard Treasury NGC MS63 20-Piece Roll
A Breathtaking Morgan Silver Dollar from the Remarkable New York Bank Hoard!
During the release of the Great Treasury Hoard in the 1960s, a numismatic broker in Brooklyn, New York named Edward’s Associates acquired a sizable number of unopened Morgan bags, 16 of which were sold to an unnamed individual who worked in the financial sector of Wall Street in lower Manhattan. The unopened bags were placed into a bank vault, and the owner walked away. For one of the first times in history, a modern find of unopened bags of Morgans could actually be traced back to, and certified as coming from, the Great Treasury Hoard!
For years, the family of the Wall Street employee who secured the bags of Morgan Silver Dollars simply paid the monthly fee for the vault. That fee was rather sizable, though, and the financial toll eventually led to the family deciding to open the vault and sell the coins. They contacted several leading coin experts, who quickly got to work. After carefully opening the bags and examining their contents, the experts estimated the value of the New York Bank Hoard to be between $1 and $1.5 million!
Now you can own a full “roll” from the incredible New York Bank Hoard with a 20-coin set of 1886-dated Morgan Silver Dollars struck at the fabled Philadelphia Mint. Not only have these coins been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in stunning Mint State-63 (MS63) condition, but NGC has also sealed each in its own protective coin capsule and added special pedigreed labels certifying that they hail from the famous New York Bank Hoard of U.S. Treasury Hoard Morgan Silver Dollars. That’s a full roll from the last of the Treasury Hoard bags of Morgan Silver Dollars! Plus, each set comes with a 25-slab case and two storybooks.
Quantities are extremely limited, so secure your set now!
- COIN FROM THE MASSIVE NEW YORK BANK HOARD – These coins hail from the massive New York Bank Hoard. The hoard consisted of sixteen 1,000-coin bags of Morgan Silver Dollars acquired during the Treasury Hoard releases of the early 1960s. The owner of the hoard worked in New York City’s financial district and he purchased the coins from a Brooklyn coin dealer. The hoard’s original owner was an immigrant who grew up during the Great Depression and valued physical money. His family decided to sell the coins rather than continue paying an $800-per-month bank vault storage fee.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING AMERICAN SILVER – Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 90% silver from the famous Comstock Lode.
- LEGAL TENDER SILVER DOLLAR – Morgans were $1 legal tender and struck during the heyday of America’s Wild West era where coins were overwhelmingly preferred over paper currency.
- GRADED IN HIGH-GRADE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – These coins have been certified, graded and encapsulated by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Mint State-63 (MS63) condition, meaning that they are high-grade coins that are as crisp and fresh as the day they left the Philadelphia Mint nearly 135 years ago!
- SPECIAL PEDIGREED LABEL – Your coins will be encapsulated in acrylic coin holders with a special “New York Bank Hoard” labels that also note each coin hails “From U.S. Treasury Bag” attesting they originated from the famous U.S. Treasury Hoard.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence – and fewer still remain in Mint State-63 Uncirculated condition!
Get your share of the New York Bank Hoard of Morgan Silver Dollars from the original U.S. Treasury Hoard. Add this 20-roll of 1886-P Morgan Silver Dollars to your cart right now!
|Year of Issue||1886|
|Pedigree||From the New York Bank Hoard, New York Bank Hoard, Treasury Hoard|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|