Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1887-P Morgan Silver Dollar New York Bank Hoard Treasury NGC MS67
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $2,995.00 $2,906.65
$748.75 / month
A Breathtaking Morgan Silver Dollar from the Remarkable New York Bank Hoard!
During the release of the Great Treasury Hoard in the 1960s, a numismatic broker in Brooklyn, New York named Edward’s Associates acquired a sizable number of unopened Morgan bags, 16 of which were sold to an unnamed individual who worked in the financial sector of Wall Street in lower Manhattan. The unopened bags were placed into a bank vault, and the owner walked away. For one of the first times in history, a modern find of unopened bags of Morgans could actually be traced back to, and certified as coming from, the Great Treasury Hoard!
For years, the family of the Wall Street employee who secured the bags of Morgan Silver Dollars simply paid the monthly fee for the vault. That fee was rather sizable, though, and the financial toll eventually led to the family deciding to open the vault and sell the coins. They contacted a number of leading coin experts, who quickly got to work. After carefully opening the bags and examining their contents, the experts estimated the value of the New York Bank Hoard to be between $1 and $1.5 million!
Now you can own a piece of this incredible New York Bank Hoard – the last of the Treasury Hoard bags of Morgan Silver Dollars – with this incredible 1887-dated Morgan Silver Dollar struck at the fabled “Mother Mint “ – the Philadelphia Mint. Not only has it been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) and sealed in a protective coin capsule with a special pedigreed label certifying that it hails from the famous New York Bank Hoard of U.S. Treasury Hoard Morgan Silver Dollars, but NGC has given it an extremely high grade. The grade? Mint State-67 (MS67) condition, meaning it is sharply struck with only a few imperfections! Out of more than 197,000 total submissions, NGC has graded only 355 coins in MS67 – and only 82 feature the New York Bank Hoard pedigree.
Get your piece of the New York Bank Hoard of Morgan Silver Dollars from the original U.S. Treasury Hoard. Add this 1887-P Morgan Silver Dollar to your cart right now!
- COIN FROM THE MASSIVE NEW YORK BANK HOARD – This coin hails from the massive New York Bank Hoard. The hoard consisted of sixteen 1,000-coin bags of Morgan Silver Dollars acquired during the Treasury Hoard releases of the early 1960s. The owner of the hoard worked in New York City’s financial district and he purchased the coins from a Brooklyn coin dealer. The hoard’s original owner was an immigrant who grew up during the Great Depression and valued physical money. His family decided to sell the coins rather than continue paying an $800-per-month bank vault storage fee.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING AMERICAN SILVER – Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 90% silver from the famous Comstock Lode.
- LEGAL TENDER SILVER DOLLAR – Morgans were $1 legal tender and struck during the heyday of America’s Wild West era where coins were overwhelmingly preferred over paper currency.
- COMES IN HIGH-GRADE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – This 1887-P $1 Morgan has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Mint State-67 (MS67) condition, meaning it is sharply struck with only a few imperfections! Out of more than 197,000 total submissions, NGC has graded only 355 coins in MS67 – and only 82 feature the New York Bank Hoard pedigree!
- SPECIAL PEDIGREED LABEL – Your coin will be encapsulated in an acrylic coin holder with a special “New York Bank Hoard” label that also notes the coin hails “From U.S. Treasury Bag” attesting it originated from the from the famous U.S. Treasury Hoard.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence – and fewer still remain in Choice Uncirculated condition!
|Year of Issue||1887|
|Pedigree||From the New York Bank Hoard, New York Bank Hoard, Treasury Hoard|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|