Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1887-S $1 Morgan Silver Dollar XF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $59.95 $58.18
Just 5% of 1887 Morgans Feature This Mint Mark
In 1887, the Philadelphia Mint struck more than 20 million Morgan Silver Dollars. The New Orleans Mint Struck 11.55 million. But the San Francisco Mint – kown by collectors as striking some of the most beautiful Morgans of all time – struck less than 1.8 million. That makes this coin one of the lucky 5% of 1887 Morgans to bear the “S” mint mark. Often, a small mintage can mean a hefty price tag, but this excellent key-date 1887-S Morgan offers you the chance to own an example in Extremely Fine (XF) condition without breaking the bank!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR AND COLLECTED COIN – Designed by U.S. Mint Engraver George T. Morgan, the Morgan Silver Dollar was struck from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921. Today it is one of the most popular and heavily collected of all United States coins.
- KEY DATE MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR– Your 1887-S Morgan Silver Dollar was struck at the San Francisco Mint. Morgans bearing the “S” mint mark are valued by collectors as being the most beautiful coins in the series.
- STRUCK IN FINE AMERICAN SILVER – Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver – fine American silver mined from the famous Comstock Lode near Virginia City, Nevada – the richest silver mine in American history.
- LEGAL TENDER AMERICAN COINAGE – Each Morgan Silver Dollar was $1 legal tender.
- NICE VERY FINE CONDITION – Your 1887-S Morgan Silver Dollar comes in collector grade Extremely Fine (XF) condition with a nice strike and lots of nice detail.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGAN – Despite millions of Morgan Silver Dollars being struck from 1878-1921, most were lost in circulation or melted down in mass silver meltings. In fact, coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgan ever struck remain in existence today – and the San Francisco Mint struck just 5% of all Morgans issued in 1887 more than 130 years ago!
|Year of Issue||1887|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|