Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1894-O Morgan Silver Dollar XF
Low-Mintage 1894 Morgan Silver Dollar from the New Orleans Mint
The economic crisis known as the “Panic of 1893” greatly reduced the number of Morgan Silver Dollars struck the following year. From all the mint branches combined, just over three million were struck (by contrast, the largest number ever struck in a single year was more than 44 million!). This 1894-O Morgan Silver Dollar comes from the third-lowest mintage of any New Orleans Morgan, making it highly collectible. In addition, its Extremely Fine (XF) grade is as pleasing to the eyes as it is affordable. No one knows how few of these low-mintage 1894 New Orleans Morgans still exist, as most have been lost to time and the melting pots. Don’t miss out!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN – The Morgan Silver Dollar – so named for its designer, U.S. Mint Assistant Engraver George T. Morgan – has stood the test of time. Struck from 1878-1904 and again in 1921, it was the coin of America’s “Wild West” and jingled in the coin purses of gamblers, gunfighters, soldiers and dance hall girls.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS – Morgan’s historic design depicts a profile of Lady Liberty on the obverse while the reverse features an eagle with outstretched wings. The model used for Liberty was Miss Anna Williams of Philadelphia, who Morgan declared to have the most perfect feminine profile he had ever seen.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING AMERICAN SILVER – Struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver from the famous Comstock Lode, the Morgan Silver Dollar is a big coin 38.1 mm in diameter. When this coin was plunked down on a counter, its weight meant real money, pure and simple.
- LEGAL TENDER SILVER DOLLAR – Morgans were $1 legal tender and struck during the heyday of America’s Wild West era where coins were overwhelmingly preferred over paper currency.
- EXTREMELY FINE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin will come graded as being in Extremely Fine (XF) condition, remarkable considering its age and use in circulation.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence!
Here’s your chance to secure a key-date Morgan – the 1894-O Morgan Silver Dollar in nice Extremely Fine condition! Don’t delay; add it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1894|
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|