Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1898-O Barber Half Dollar NGC MS62 PL
The Finest Barber You’ll Ever Know
Finding Barber Half Dollars in Proof-Like (PL) condition is no easy task. For the entire series, struck from 1892 to 1915, only 35 are known to exist! But our expert team scoured the Earth, and has managed to secure for you one of the finest examples known to still exist.
This 1898-O Silver Barber Half Dollar was struck during the Spanish-American War, and is just the second of its date and mint to be graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC). With a fantastic grade of Mint State-62 Proof-:ike (MS62 PL) it is the second finest known, and is in stunning condition. The Smithsonian® has a coin graded Mint State-63 (MS63), just one grade higher, and that coin is not certified as Proof-like.
Think of all the vintage U.S. silver collectors that would love to get their hands on this coin. Of the 874,000 coins struck with the 1898 date and “O” mint mark at the New Orleans Mint, only two have ever surfaced in Proof-like condition. Secure this coin and only two of you in the entire world will be able to call this coin their own. That’s like being collector royalty!
Every world-class collector wants to own at least one or two coins that nearly no one else can say they own. It’s a rite of passage for the top-tier collectors in the world, and this coin gives you that ability. Don’t let this incredible opportunity pass you by – order now and become a giant among your fellow collectors!
- ONE OF FINEST SPECIMENS KNOWN – This 1898-O Barber Half Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Mint State-62 Proof-Like (MS62 PL) condition, making it the second-finest known proof-like specimen for this date and mintmark in existence!
- A MASTERPIECE FROM CHARLES BARBER – This coin gets its name from Charles Barber, the sixth Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint. He was the creator behind and entire series of coins including the nickel, dime, quarter and half-dollar, as well as many medals, commemoratives and foreign coins. The acclaimed design features a majestic image of Lady Liberty wearing a crown of olive branches with a small headband inscribed with the word LIBERTY. The reverses features a heraldic eagle based on the Great Seal of the United States below 13 five-pointed stars.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – This coin was struck in 12.5 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER AMERICAN COIN – The 1898-O Barber Half Dollar was 50 cents legal tender, a significant sum 120 years ago when it was first issued – and a type of coin that would have seen a lot of circulation.
- STRUCK AT THE FAMOUS NEW ORLEANS MINT – Your 1898-O Barber Half Dollar was struck at the famous New Orleans Mint. Just 874,000 Barber Half Dollars were struck there in 1898 and many were worn out or lost during circulation.
This 1898-O Barber Half Dollar is the second-finest known coin of this date and mintmark known in existence. It’s a true treasure for any serious collector. Reserve it for your collection now!
|Year of Issue||1898|
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|