Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1900-S Morgan Silver Dollar XF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
The Morgan Silver Dollar is one of the most collected vintage Silver Dollars in the world, and the San Francisco Mint struck Morgans for every year of the series, making coins with the “S” mint mark the preferred option of many collectors. In the case of the turn-of-the-century 1900-S Morgan, it also represents the lowest population from any mint that year. More than 24 million Morgans were struck that year, but only 14% came from San Francisco! Take home the first Silver Dollar of the 20th Century and secure yours now in Extremely Fine (XF) condition. It’s a wonderful, affordable way to fill a very important hole in your Morgan collection!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN – The Morgan Silver Dollar – so named for its designer, U.S. Mint Assistant Engraver George T. Morgan – has stood the test of time. Struck from 1878-1904 and again in 1921, it was the coin of America’s “Wild West” and jingled in the coin purses of gamblers, gunfighters, soldiers and dance hall girls.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS – Morgan’s historic design depicts a profile of Lady Liberty on the obverse while the reverse features an eagle with outstretched wings. The model used for Liberty was Miss Anna Williams of Philadelphia, who Morgan declared to have the most perfect feminine profile he had ever seen.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING AMERICAN SILVER – Struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver from the famous Comstock Lode, the Morgan Silver Dollar is a big coin 38.1 mm in diameter. When this coin was plunked down on a counter, its weight meant real money, pure and simple.
- LEGAL TENDER SILVER DOLLAR – Morgans were $1 legal tender and struck during the heyday of America’s Wild West era where coins were overwhelmingly preferred over paper currency.
- EXTREMELY FINE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin will come graded as being in Extremely Fine (XF) condition, remarkable considering its age and use in circulation.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence!
Here’s your chance to secure a key-date Morgan – the 1900-S Morgan Silver Dollar in nice Extremely Fine condition! Don’t delay; add it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1900|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|