Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1901-O Barber Silver Half Dollar NGC MS64 PL
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $17,500.00 $16,983.75
$4,375.00 / month
The Finest and Only Known Proof-Like 1901-O Barber Silver Half Dollar
Wow! When one of our numismatists looked at this remarkable coin, he was floored. In his own words, “It looks like a Silver Eagle!” That’s because it features an absolutely phenomenal strike and amazing luster that’s so brilliant you almost need sunglasses to look at it.
But this is no Silver Eagle; it’s a Barber Silver Half Dollar struck in 1901 at the New Orleans Mint. The coin is so fabulous that not only has it been certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-64 (MS64) condition, but NGC also added a special Proof-Like (PL) designation to it as well! That means that even though this coin wasn't struck as a proof, its brilliant and reflective finish has earned it this special designation.
How special? Just a relatively low 1,124,000 of these 1901-O Barber Silver Half Dollar coins were struck over a century ago, and the Smithsonian® has one in its collection graded in MS64 condition – but that coin does not have the special Proof-Like designation! In fact, NGC has certified a total of only 39 Proof-Like coins for the entire Barber Silver Half Dollar series struck from 1892-1915 – and this 1901-O Barber Silver Half Dollar is the one and only coin of its date and mint mark certified by NGC as Proof-Like! That’s how incredible of a find this coin is!
So don’t wait; this coin will not be available for long. Secure it now for your collection and you’ll have bragging rights for years. A finest known, one-and-only museum-worthy coin!
- FINEST SPECIMEN KNOWN – This 1901-O Barber Half Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Choice Mint State-64 Proof-Like (MS64 PL) condition, making it the finest known proof-like specimen for this date and mintmark in existence!
- A MASTERPIECE FROM CHARLES BARBER – This coin gets its name from Charles Barber, the sixth Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint. He was the creator behind and entire series of coins including the nickel, dime, quarter and half-dollar, as well as many medals, commemoratives and foreign coins. The acclaimed design features a majestic image of Lady Liberty wearing a crown of olive branches with a small headband inscribed with the word LIBERTY. The reverse features a heraldic eagle based on the Great Seal of the United States below 13 five-pointed stars.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – This coin was struck at the New Orleans Mint in 12.5 grams of 90% fine silver and measures 30.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER AMERICAN COIN – The 1901-O Barber Half Dollar was 50 cents legal tender, a significant sum nearly 120 years ago when it was first issued – and a type of coin that would have seen a lot of circulation.
- STRUCK AT THE FAMOUS NEW ORLEANS MINT – Your 1901-O Barber Half Dollar was struck at the famous New Orleans Mint. Just 1,124,000 Barber Half Dollars were struck there in 1901, and many were worn out or lost during circulation.
This 1901-O Barber Half Dollar is a true treasure for any serious collector. Reserve it for your collection now!
|Year of Issue||1901|
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/3 Ounce - oz|