Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1903 Smithsonian Morgan Treasury Hamilton Medal 1-oz Silver Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.00 $96.08
George T. Morgan’s Finest Masterpiece?
George T. Morgan is famous throughout the world as the creator of one of the most iconic silver coins in history: the U.S. Morgan Silver Dollar. But some say it wasn’t actually his greatest work. That title might rightly belong to the 1903 U.S. Treasury Medal – which may be why a bronze rendition of Morgan’s original is currently housed in The Smithsonian® National Numismatic Collection.
Immortalizing America’s first Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton, the medal’s high-relief design is recognized today as an artistic masterpiece! In fact, modern coin legend and 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint John Mercanti has called this design “a masterwork of art and numismatics.”
Here’s your chance to add what may be Morgan’s finest work to your collection – struck for the first time as a highly-pure 99.9% silver proof, and officially licensed by the Smithsonian! Featuring crisp details, frosty designs and mirrored fields, these freshly-minted restrikes of the 1903 U.S. Treasury Medal showcases all of Morgan’s exceptional talents – from the obverse portrait of Alexander Hamilton to the reverse depiction of the original Seal of the Department of the Treasury.
Just don’t want to order. This extremely limited release features some of the lowest mintages of any Smithsonian-authorized program to date – with only 2,500 one-ounce silver proofs available! Secure yours today!
- 1903 U.S. TREASURY MEDAL RECREATED IN SILVER – The coin’s obverse features a faithful reproduction of George T. Morgan’s three-quarter profile of Alexander Hamilton. The dies used for this restrike were created from a scan of the original 1903 medal, capturing each and every detail of Morgan’s masterpiece. The design’s reverses features an adaptation of the original Seal of the Department of the Treasury.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 1903 Smithsonian Morgan Treasury Medal One-Ounce Silver Proof is struck in 99.9% silver.
- GRADED IN GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1903 Smithsonian Morgan Treasury Medal One-Ounce Silver Proof will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields!
- EXTREMELY LIMITED RELEASE – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this epic proof has been set at only 2,500.
No American coin collection is complete without the 1903 Smithsonian Morgan Treasury Medal One-Ounce Silver Proof. Add one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|