Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1907–1928 $20 Gold Saint-Gaudens NGC MS64 w/Roosevelt Medals Smithsonian Classics
The Saint-Gaudens Smithsonian Classics Collection
The Smithsonian® is recognized around the world for its incredible collection of items that are rich in historic and cultural significance. With 21 libraries, 19 museums, nine research centers, a zoo and affiliates around the nation, the Smithsonian is the largest museum, education and research complex in the world. One of those museums is the fantastic National Numismatic Collection in Washington, D.C., a diverse and expansive collection of monetary and transactional objects.
Venture into these hallowed halls and you’ll find a number of beautiful $20 Gold Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles, displaying what many consider to be the most beautiful design to ever grace an American coin. This design comes courtesy not only of American sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens, but also of President Teddy Roosevelt, who hired the designer in an effort to redesign and improve America’s coinage.
To pay tribute to this beautiful coin and the history surrounding it, we’ve assembled this special three-piece set. It starts with an actual Saint-Gaudens $20 Double Eagle struck between 1907 and 1928 (dates will vary) that has been certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-64 (MS64) condition. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic capsule and encapsulated with an exclusive Smithsonian label.
The next two pieces in your set are both Roosevelt-related. They’re a pair of official U.S. Presidential Series Bronze Medals – one depicting President Theodore Roosevelt and the other President Franklin D. Roosevelt – both in Choice Uncirculated condition and sealed in matching capsules with Smithsonian labels. The reason for including Teddy Roosevelt is clear, but why FDR you ask? Simple: It was the younger Roosevelt who signed Executive Order 6102 in 1933, requiring all persons to deliver on or before May first of that year all the gold they owned. This recall resulted in many of these gorgeous coins being melted down for their precious metal.
Luckily, some of these “Saints” escaped the fiery depth of the nation’s melting pots. Make this trio of historic pieces a part of your collection and secure one of these sets now – but you’ll need to be quick; just seven are left in our vault and they won’t last for long!
- ONE OF THE MOST DESIGNS IN U.S. COIN HISTORY – Considered by many to be the most beautiful coin ever struck, the U.S. $20 Gold Double Eagle was designed by famed American sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens at the request of President Theodore Roosevelt.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING GOLD – The $20 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle was struck in 33.436 grams of 90% fine gold and measures 34 mm in diameter. The coin was struck from 1907-1933. The coins I this offer range from 1907-1928. Dates will vary.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – These coins were $20 legal tender – a “Double Eagle” denomination that was established by the founding fathers. Coins like this were typically used in large business transaction and were accepted as legal tender until President Franklin Roosevelt took the United States off the gold standard during the height of the Great Depression in 1933.
- BEAUTIFUL HIGH-GRADE CONDITION – The $20 Gold Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle coin in this set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-64 (MS64) condition showing no evidence of wear with nice luster and pleasing eye appeal.
- OFFICIAL PRESIDENTIAL SERIES BRONZE MEDALS – This set also includes a pair of official U.S. Mint Presidential Series Bronze Medals – one depicting President Theodore Roosevelt and the other President Franklin D. Roosevelt, both in Choice Uncirculated condition. Each measures 33.3375 mm in diameter.
Pay tribute to America’s most beautiful coin and the men who were there at the beginning and end of its run. Order your $20 Gold Saint-Gaudens w/Roosevelt Medals Smithsonian Classics Three-Piece Set today!
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||33.436 Grams - g|