Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1917-D 50 Cents Silver Walking Liberty VG
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
Second-Year Walking Liberty Half Dollars
The Walking Liberty Half Dollar—known to many collectors as “Walkers” – is surely one of the most beautiful coins ever struck by the U.S. Mint. The Walking Liberty obverse is so iconic and beloved that it was resurrected in 1986 as the obverse for today’s Silver Eagles! But what we have here are not just any Walkers, but the incredible second-year-of-issue 1917 coins struck at the U.S. branch mint in Denver. Far more affordable than the series’ first-year issue, this coin is where many collectors begin.
Featuring Adolph A. Weinman’s classic design of “Walking Liberty,” this half-dollar coin is struck in 12.5 grams of 90% silver. Plus, all of the big silver half dollars available in this offer come in Very Good (VG) condition, a remarkable grade considering each is more than 100 years old and survived circulation through World War I, the Roaring ’20s, the Great Depression and World War II.
Issued from 1916-1947, the Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar series is even more popular today that when it circulated during the first half of the 20th Century. This 1917-D Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar is a great way to start, add to, or complete your own collection of “Walkers.” Don’t let this coin walk away; order yours today!
- ONE OF AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN DESIGNS– Featuring Adolph A. Weinman’s classic design of “Walking Liberty,” the half-dollar coin issued from 1916-1947 is hailed as one of the most beautiful coins ever struck. It’s so revered that when the U.S. Mint introduced its American Silver Eagle bullion coin in 1986 it used Weinman’s iconic design!
- KEY-DATE YEAR STRUCK AT THE DENVER MINT –1917 was only the second year that the original Walking Liberty Half-Dollar was struck, and this coin hails from the Denver Mint.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER –Each Walking Liberty Half-Dollar is struck in 12.5 grams of 90% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS –With a face value of 50 cents, the Walking Liberty Half Dollar was a big silver coin that circulated widely during the first half of the 20th Century.
- GRADED IN BEAUTIFUL VERY GOOD CONDITION –Your 1917-D Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar will come in nice Very Good (VG) condition – a remarkable grade for a coin that is more than 100 years old and circulated through World War I, the Roaring ’20s, the Great Depression and World War II.
This 1917 Walking Liberty Half Dollar struck at the Denver Mint is a staple of American history. Click this key-date coin to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1917|
|Mint Name||Denver - D|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|