Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1918 $1 Federal Reserve Bank Currency Note AU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $550.00 $533.78
$183.33 / month
First and Only Large-Sized $1 U.S. Note
In 1918, just five years after the Federal Reserve was created by Congress to serve as the federal government’s central bank, this impressive $1 note was issued. It’s the first and only large-sized “horse blanket” Federal Reserve Bank one-dollar note ever issued, and it’s estimated that less than one-half of one percent still exist today.
This 100-year-old note features a familiar portrait of George Washington, but he’s been set off to the side to make room for the name of the Federal Reserve district bank that issued the note (in this case, Chicago). The obverse is completed with bold, eye-catching blue serial numbers and seal. The reverse is similarly impressive, with an image of an American bald eagle carrying a U.S. flag.
Issued during the final year of World War I, this note has survived in About Uncirculated (AU) condition. No currency collection is complete without this first, last and only U.S. $1 horse blanket note!
- FIRST, ONLY AND LAST $1 HORSEBLANKET NOTE – The 1918 $1 Federal Reserve Bank Note is the first and only large-size “Horseblanket” note issued by the Federal Reserve Bank. It is also the only $1 Federal Reserve Bank note ever issued. It features a portrait of President George Washington and the name of the Federal Reserve Bank that backed the note (bank our choice). The back of the notes features a bold and defiant eagle.
- LEGAL TENDER CURRENCY – This bank note is $1 legal tender.
- GRADED IN ABOUT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 1918 $1 Federal Reserve Bank Note comes graded in About Uncirculated (AU) condition, meaning that it may have one fold or two-to-three corner folds. It will come displayed in a clear archival holder and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
- SCARCE, HARD-TO-FIND NOTE – The 1918 $1 Federal Reserve Bank Note is a popular collectible note that is scarce and hard to find. In fact, experts estimate that less than one half of 1% of these notes exist in ANY condition today!
Don’t miss out on a popular first, last and only collectible. Click it to your cart right now!
|Year of Issue||1918|
|Mint Name||Bureau of Engraving|
|Dimensions||7.375 x 3.125 in|