Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1922–1925 Silver Peace Dollar BU & 1935 $1 Silver Certificates 8-pc Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $249.00 $241.65
$124.50 / month
No Need to “Speak Easy” When You Order the Four-Coin Silver Dollar Set!
The term “Speakeasy” originated from the need to speak softly when discussing illegal night clubs in the Roaring Twenties – to keep the cops from finding out! Once inside, though, flappers pulled brand-new Peace Silver Dollars like these out of their purses to pay for a drink. With this set, you’ll receive four Peace Dollars struck between 1922 and 1925. Each comes in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, with the set housed in a deluxe presentation case.
You’ll also receive four 1935 $1 Silver Certificates – “hard money” that could have been traded at any bank for four Peace Silver Dollars. These Silver Certificates remained in circulation for nearly 30 years until 1963 when they were discontinued by an Act of Congress. 1935 was also the final year the U.S. Mint struck Peace Dollars, making Very Fine (VF) Silver Certificates of this particular date even more coveted.
No need to speak easy here – show that you really “know your onions” and reserve your Roaring Twenties set before our limited supply sells out!
- FAMOUS PEACE SILVER DOLLAR – While not produced in the same numbers as the Morgan Silver Dollar, the Peace Silver Dollar series has seen its reputation grow with each passing year. Designed by Anthony de Francisci, it features a design of Lady Liberty on the obverse and a perched eagle on the reverse. It was struck from only 1921 to 1928 and again in 1934 and 1935.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each Peace Silver Dollar was struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver and measures 38.1 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COINAGE – These coins were $1 legal tender in the United States and circulated widely during the Roaring ’20s and Depression-era ’30s.
- NICE BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Each Peace Dollar in this set will come in nice Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition with complete details and lots of mint luster.
- VINTAGE SILVER CERTIFICATES – You will also receive four 1935 $1 Silver Certificates that could be traded for silver dollars until 1963 when they were discontinued by an Act of Congress.
One of the defining aspects of the Roaring ’20s was prohibition, a government ban on the manufacture, sale and transportation of liquor. Of course, no amount of legislation could transform all Americans into teetotalers. Instead, Prohibition simply drove alcohol consumption underground to illegal speakeasies. And with them went money like these Peace Silver Dollars. Click this set to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1925, 1924, 1923, 1922|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|