Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1922 Montana Collection Peace Silver Dollar MS63
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ Was
$99.95$79.96 Was $97.00$77.60
Silver Stashed in Montana Found!
In 1950, a Montana bank owner started arranging armored car deliveries of U.S. Silver Dollar bags to his home. The Bank Owner, Zollie Kelman, paid for the thousand-coin bags with cash, then quickly put his family to work hand selecting the coins with the best condition and dates. Zollie and his family stashed away only the best quality silver coins they could find. After fifty years, an incredible collection had amassed. It even survived an attempted armed robbery!
One day, Zollie answered the front doorbell only to find three men in Halloween masks barge in with pick axes and sledge hammers. They held the family hostage with the intention to ransack the house to find the coins. The thieves were unaware that one of the family members was hiding in the bathroom dialing for help, and within 10 minutes the police had the house surrounded. Had the attempted robbery been successful, there would not have been a Great Montana Collection today!
We've purchased approximately 99% of the entire hoard, and it's sitting in our vaults right now. It consists of over 10,000 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars! This 1922-P Peace Silver Dollar comes graded in Mint State-63 (MS63) condition by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) and certified from the 'Great Montana Collection.' Order now! This pedigree is sure to be popular among discerning Silver Dollar Collectors.
- Morgan and Peace dollars are coveted by collectors the world over, they are arguably the most famous - and collected - U.S. silver coins of all time.
- Vintage U.S. Silver Dollar Hoards simply don't exist anymore - or so we thought! We just secured a hoard of over 10,000 vintage silver dollars that recently came out of Montana.
- This hoard was worthy of a pedigree and NGC agreed. The pedigree is "Great Montana Collection."
- This hoard began being assembled during the 1950's by a bank owner in Montana, Zollie Kelman. His roots trace back to Minneapolis. Starting in the 1950's, an armored car company routinely transferred 1,000 coin bags of Silver Dollars from Minneapolis to Montana. Zollie arranged for the cars to stop at his house, where he would purchase the bags with cash. He then set the family to work, dumping the coins on the kitchen table where the entire family searched through the coins looking better dates and high quality. The Great Montana Collection had begun.
- This hoard was certified by NGC 10 years ago. During that time, a handful of coins were released into the market, but 99% of the entire hoard is sitting in our vault - over 10,000 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars from "The Great Montana Collection."
- Each coin is dated 1922, the FIRST year of the low-relief design for Peace Silver Dollars. The U.S. Mint struck just over a million high-relief 1921 Peace Dollars which proved impractical. The large run of Peace Dollars began in 1922 with a lower-relief design.
Actual size is 38.1 mm
|Year of Issue||1922|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|