Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1925-S $1 Silver Peace Dollar XF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $49.95 $48.48
Low-Mintage 1925-S Peace Silver Dollar
The year was 1925 – the year Lon Chaney thrilled and terrified audiences as the titular character in Universal Studio’s The Phantom of the Opera. It was also the year Tennessee biology teacher John T. Scopes was arrested for teaching Charles Darwin’s Theory of Evolution, and the same year Mount Rushmore was dedicated in South Dakota. For coin collectors, it’s also a significant year for the scarcity of an especially key-date U.S. Peace Silver Dollar.
Collectors love to hunt down Peace Silver Dollars. The series was stuck for only 10 years (from 1921 to 1928 and again in 1934 and 1935), and three times fewer were struck compared to the total mintage of Morgan Silver Dollars. Then there’s the mint marks – of the total production of more than 190 million Peace Silver Dollars, only 27% bore the “S” mint mark of the San Francisco Mint. That number drops to just 14% when you look at Peace Dollars struck in 1925. So, what do all of these numbers mean? They mean that this 1925-S Peace Silver Dollar is a real prize, especially in Extremely Fine (XF) condition!
America’s last dollar minted for circulation in 90% silver, the Peace Dollar has often been overlooked by collectors obsessed with amassing Morgan Silver Dollars. But as supplies of this beautiful and artistic coin have dwindled, collectors have taken notice. Millions of Peace Dollars met the same fate as the Morgan Dollar during World War II when the Wartime Act of 1942 caused the melting of Peace Dollars for the war effort. Untold millions more were also melted in the 1980s when the price of silver shot up to over $50 per ounce.
No one knows for sure how many historic Peace Silver Dollars still remain today, but it is certain that they are some of the most popular and widely collected American coins in the world. Don’t miss your chance to obtain a key-date coin from the fabulous often-overlooked series!
- FAMOUS PEACE SILVER DOLLAR – While not produced in the same numbers as the Morgan Silver Dollar, the Peace Silver Dollar series has seen its reputation grow with each passing year. Designed by Anthony de Francisci, it features a design of Lady Liberty on the obverse and a perched eagle on the reverse. It was struck from only 1921 to 1928 and again in 1934 and 1935.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each Peace Silver Dollar was struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COINAGE – These coins were $1 legal tender in the United States and circulated widely during the Roaring ’20s and Depression-era ’30s.
- NICE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – This 1925-S Peace Silver Dollar will come in nice Extremely Fine (XF) condition with complete details and only minor wear.
Get one of these key-date Peace Dollars struck at the San Francisco Mint. Each will come in Extremely Fine (XF) condition. Quantities are limited so order yours now!
|Year of Issue||1925|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|