Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1926-S Peace Silver Dollar NGC MS64 PL
Very Rare Proof-Like 1926-S Peace Dollar
Just a few years after the end of World War I, a new silver dollar was introduced in the United States. Known as the Peace Dollar, it featured a magnificent profile of Liberty on the obverse and a sitting American Eagle on the reverse along with the word “Peace.” Beautifully designed by Italian-American sculptor Anthony de Francisci, the coin was America’s last circulating silver dollar struck in 90% silver.
These coins have been attracting a lot of steam from collectors in recent years with high-grade coins among their most popular targets. As with any coin series, scarcity is a huge factor, which leads us to this 1926 Peace Dollar struck at the San Francisco Mint. Of the 6.98 million Peace Dollars struck in 1926, only THREE have ever been graded in Proof-Like condition, with incredible strikes and blazing luster that put them just shy of a true Proof condition coin. That’s three coins out of nearly 7 million – and we have one of them ready for your collection!
The Smithsonian® currently holds an example of this coin in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-63 (MS63) condition. This Proof-Like version is one grade higher, graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-64 (MS64) condition! Now THAT’s high-grade scarcity for you!
This is a coin meant only for the elite silver dollar collector. It is a very rare coin and the second finest Proof-Like coin of its date known to exist. A world-class coin for a world-class collection. Join the upper echelon of coin collecting and reserve this coin today!
- FAMOUS PEACE SILVER DOLLAR – While not produced in the same numbers as the Morgan Silver Dollar, the Peace Silver Dollar series has seen its reputation grow with each passing year. Designed by Anthony de Francisci, it features a design of Lady Liberty on the obverse and a perched eagle on the reverse. It was struck from only 1921 to 1928 and again in 1934 and 1935.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each Peace Silver Dollar was struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver and measures 38.1 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COINAGE – These coins were $1 legal tender in the United States and circulated widely during the Roaring ’20s and Depression-era ’30s.
- HIGH-GHRADE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 1926-S Peace Silver Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Choice Uncirculated Mint State-64 (MS64) condition.
- ADDITIONAL PROOF-LIKE DESIGNATION – NGC has further certified that even though this coin wasn't struck as a proof, its brilliant and reflective finish has earned it a “Proof-Like” designation – one of just three coins from the nearly 7 million struck in 1926 graded in Proof-Like condition.
This amazing coin is a fantastic piece of numismatic excellence. Only a select few people will ever get a chance to make it a prized addition to their collection. Take the plunge and make it part of your collection before another collector grabs it before you do!
|Year of Issue||1926|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|