Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1927–1929-D Standing Liberty Quarter 3-Piece Set VG
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $49.95 $48.48
Last Three Years of Low-Mintage Denver Mint Standing Liberty Quarters
Take a trip back to the Roaring 20s with this low-mintage set of Standing Liberty Quarters from the Denver Mint. How low? Of the total mintage of Standing Liberty Quarters struck from 1916 through 1930, just 18% were struck at the Denver Mint! And of that 18%, there’s no telling how many have escaped the melting pots and still exist today. What we do know is that these three coins – the 1927-D, 1928-D and 1929-D – represent the last of the Denver-struck Standing Liberty Quarters.
While these 1927-1929 Standing Liberty Silver Quarters represent the last three years struck at the Denver Mint, the series itself came to an end a year later. After striking no quarters at all in 1931 due to the Great Depression, the U.S. Mint struck a new 25-cent piece in 1932 with the introduction of the Washington Quarter. Intended as a one-year-only release to honor President George Washington’s 200th birthday, the commemorative proved so popular that it replaced the Standing Liberty Quarter and is still struck to this day.
All three of your Standing Liberty Quarters were struck in 90% fine silver and feature the iconic design of Miss Liberty, shield in hand, holding an olive branch as designed by sculptor Herman Atkins MacNeil. Each has also been graded in nice Very Good (VG) condition and will come housed in a custom-designed insert. Hurry and order now!
- SHORT-LIVED ICONIC DESIGN – The design of Miss Liberty standing shield in hand and holding an olive branch was designed by sculptor Herman Atkins MacNeil. The coin’s reverse shows a flying eagle. The series was struck for just 15 years from 1916-1930 and was replaced in 1932 by the Washington Quarter.
- LAST COINS OF AN ERA – These coins represent the last three years the Denver Mint Struck the Standing Liberty Quarter.
- SCARCE ADDITIONS TO THE STANDING LIBERTY SERIES – The Denver Mint struck just 18% of all Standing Liberty Quarters ever produced.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each coin was struck in 6.25 grams of 90% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These Standing Liberty Silver Quarters were 25 cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN VERY GOOD CONDITION – Every coin in this set is in Very Good (VG) condition – a remarkable state considering that coins like these were heavily utilized during the Great Depression.
Act now to secure this 1927–1929-D Standing Liberty Quarter Three-Piece Set – the final three years the Denver Mint struck the historic and iconic coin!
|Year of Issue||1929, 1928, 1927|
|Mint Name||Denver - D|
|Coin Weight||6.25 Grams - g|