Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1927-D Peace Silver Dollar XF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $59.95 $58.18
Low Mintage Silver Peace Dollars from the Denver Mint
The year was 1927 – the year of Charles Lindbergh’s famous flight, Babe Ruth’s home run chase and the introduction of the Model A automobile. It was also the year that the U.S. Mint struck the fewest Peace Dollars of the entire series – only 2.9 million from all three mint branches combined! The last silver dollar struck for circulation in 90% fine silver, these coins celebrated our victory in World War I, became associated with speakeasies and big-screen gangsters, and were eventually rounded up and melted down.
The design of the Peace Dollar is iconic – appropriate for such an important coin. Designed by 34-year-old Italian-American sculptor Anthony de Francisci, its obverse features the head of Lady Liberty wearing a crown of rays modeled after the design of the Statue of Liberty. The model for Lady Liberty was 23-year-old Teresa Cafarelli de Francisci, the young sculptor’s wife. Imprinted on the coin’s obverse are “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and the year of issue. The reverse features an eagle at rest clutching an olive branch before a rising sun, along with the inscriptions “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM” and the denomination “ONE DOLLAR.”
It’s estimated that only 16% of all Peace Dollars ever struck still exist today in any condition. That’s why we so excited to find a hoard of these low-mintage coins struck at the Denver Mint in Extremely Fine (XF) condition. Secure!
- FAMOUS PEACE SILVER DOLLAR – While not produced in the same numbers as the Morgan Silver Dollar, the Peace Silver Dollar series has seen its reputation grow with each passing year. Designed by Anthony de Francisci, it features a design of Lady Liberty on the obverse and a perched eagle on the reverse. It was struck from only 1921 to 1928 and again in 1934 and 1935.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each Peace Silver Dollar was struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COINAGE – These coins were $1 legal tender in the United States and circulated widely during the Roaring ’20s and Depression-era ’30s.
- NICE UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – This 1927-D Peace Silver Dollar will come in nice Extremely Fine (XF) condition with complete details and only minor wear.
The Peace Dollar was America’s last dollar series struck entirely in 90% fine silver. Don’t miss your chance to obtain a key-date coin from the fabulous often-overlooked series!
|Year of Issue||1927|
|Mint Name||Denver - D|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|