Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1955-S 1 Cent Lincoln Wheat Penny PCGS MS66 Red
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $49.95 $48.48
The Last San Francisco Lincoln Wheat Cents -- Once Forgotten, Now Found!
Have you ever bought so much of something, only to forget that you had it years later? For some, it can be a stash of toilet paper or extra pens. For one coin dealer, it was a fresh 51-roll batch of 1955 San Francisco Lincoln Wheat Cents. Over the ensuing decades, these rolls changed hands multiple times, only to be completely forgotten in a vault. Now rediscovered and finally seeing the light of day after more than 62 years, you can make a piece of this hoard part of your collection!
- AMONG THE LAST OF THEIR KIND-- These 1955 San Francisco Lincoln Wheat Cents are among the very last to be minted in the City by the Bay. At the time, 1955 was going to be the San Francisco Mint's last year of operation. Fortunately, a coin shortage in 1965 rekindled the presses, but the Lincoln Cent's reverse had already transitioned to today's familiar Lincoln Memorial design, making this discovery all the more special!
- UNTOUCHED FOR MORE THAN 60 YEARS-- When our buyers discovered these Lincoln Wheat Cents, they were still in their original paper wrappers -- completely uncirculated without even an eyeball laid upon them since 1955!
- UNBELIEVABLE LUSTER AND DETAIL-- This out-of-sight-out-of-mind storage has beautifully preserved these Lincoln Wheat Cents with their mint luster intact and details still distinct and sharp!
- GORGEOUS MINT STATE GRADE-- Your 1955 San Francisco Lincoln Wheat Cent will come certified Mint State-66 Red (MS66 RD) by Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS), exhibiting an excellent strike with only a few minor marks. The "Red" designation means that your Lincoln Wheat Cent has retained more than 95% of its original red color! In addition, your cent will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case -- giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- A LIMITED-NUMBER HOARD -- This hoard turned up exactly 2,819 1955 San Francisco Lincoln Wheat Cents -- a nice number for a hoard, but a limited number to spread out among collectors!
Needless to say, you don't come across hoards like this every day, especially in this kind of condition! Don't wait another decade (or two, or three) -- make this piece of U.S. Mint history yours today!
|Year of Issue||1955|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||3.11 Grams - g|