Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1956-1964 U.S. Proof Set Collection 9pc
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $499.00 $484.28
$249.50 / month
FOUND: The Last Nine Years of the Vintage Silver Proof Sets!
Savvy collectors have always known the key to securing the very best of the best when it comes to American silver coins: U.S. Silver Proof Sets. Throughout the 1950s and early 1960s, the U.S. Mint issued annual Silver Proof Sets which contained immaculate proof versions of the five U.S. coin denominations of the day – three of them struck in 90% pure silver. Each U.S. Silver Proof set contained a proof Nickel and Cent struck in base metal, along with a Dime, Quarter and Half Dollar each struck in 90% silver. But the glorious era of U.S. Silver Proof Sets ended in 1964. That year marked the very last 90% Silver Proof Set to feature proof versions of actual circulating silver coins. During the 50 years since America’s last Silver Proof Sets were issued, a shocking number of these sets have been destroyed.
Today, we are releasing an incredible complete collection of the last nine U.S. 90% Silver Proof Sets. Issued from 1956-1964, each set is still sealed in its original government pliofilm packaging. Each of the 45 coins in the collection has been meticulously proof struck for razor-sharp details and deeply mirrored backgrounds. The collection comes housed in a black storage box to protect and preserve your sets – and it even features room for additional Proof Sets should you wish to expand your collection in the future. And don’t forget, these sets contain the last Franklin Half Dollars and the first Kennedy Half Dollar from 1964 – coins which are in high collector demand! Order your sets before our small supply disappears.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COINS IN NINE STUNNING SETS – Each set your 1956–1964 U.S. Mint Silver Nine-Set Proof Collection contains 5 legal-tender U.S. coins: One example each of the Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Roosevelt Dime, Washington Quarter, and the Benjamin Franklin Half Dollar in the 1956-1963 sets, and a Kennedy Half Dollar in the 1964 set.
- SUPERB PROOF-MINTED COINS – Using polished dies and planchets, each coin is the product of multiple strikes. It's this attention to craft that makes these coins literal "proofs" of the U.S. Mint's artistry, each exhibiting mirrored fields and frosted details.
- IMPORTANT FIRSTS AND LASTS – Not only do these sets represent the last nine years of 90% pure silver U.S. Mint Proof Sets, but your 1956–1964 U.S. Mint Silver Nine-Set Proof Collection contains the 1963 Set with the last Franklin Half Dollar and the 1963 Set with the first Kennedy Half Dollar!
- ORIGINAL MINT PACKAING – Each coin in these sets was sealed in its own compartment between two sheets of flat pliofilm. An octagonal, foil seal imprinted with "US MINT PHILADELPHIA" was placed in a sixth compartment, and the flat pack was then inserted into a mailing envelope with a card.
Don't miss this opportunity to add these nine historic sets to your collection – order yours today!
|Year of Issue||1964, 1963, 1962, 1961, 1960, 1959, 1958, 1957, 1956|
|Denomination||0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, 1.00|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|