Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1964-1998 Kennedy Camelot Silver Proof 2pc Set
Most Powerful Brothers in U.S. History
Following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy on Nov. 22, 1963, his widow Jackie eloquently spoke what so many Americans were feeling when she quoted a line from “Camelot,” a popular Broadway musical of the 1960s: “Don’t ever let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment that was Camelot.”
Less than 5 years later on June 6, 1968, JFK’s brother Robert was assassinated while on the brink of becoming the Democratic Party’s nominee in the 1968 Presidential Election. The U.S. Attorney General during his brother’s presidency, “Bobby” Kennedy was a link to JFK’s Camelot and his death served as an exclamation point to the turbulent 1960s.
No two brothers have had such a lasting impact on United States history. Their tragic history and shocking assassinations have since entered our nation's collective consciousness as a modern Camelot.
To honor the fallen president, the U.S. Mint struck a new half dollar in 1964. Originally intended as a one-year-only replacement for the Franklin Half Dollar, it proved so popular that it has been struck every year since. However, 1964 was the ONLY year it was struck in 90% silver.
To pay tribute to the legacy of the Kennedy Brothers and their vision of an American Camelot, we’ve paired an immaculate 1964 Silver Kennedy Half Dollar Silver Proof with another Kennedy commemorative – the 1998 Robert Kennedy Silver Dollar. Struck in 90% silver, the Kennedy Dollar was issued to mark the 30th anniversary of Robert’s assassination. It’s the perfect bookend to the Kennedy Silver Half Dollar
Together these coins make an enduring memento of the family many consider to be “American Royalty.” Each set comes in a deluxe presentation case and includes a certificate of authenticity. Don't wait, every year these coins get harder to find.
- LASTING TRIBUTES TO THE KENNEY BROTHERS AND CAMELOT – Brothers John and Robert Kennedy are beautifully remembered on these two coins; President John F. Kennedy on the1964 Half Dollar coin and his brother Robert Kennedy on the 1998 Commemorative Silver Dollar.
- TWO COINS STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Both of these cons are struck in 90% silver
- FIRST AND ONLY RELEASES – The 1964 Kennedy Half dollar was the first year the U.S. Mint issued the series and the only year it was struck in 90% silver. The 1998 Robert Kennedy Silver Dollars is a one-year-only issue that commemorated the 30th anniversary of the younger Kennedy brother’s assassination in 1968.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COINAGE – Each coin in your 1964-1998 Kennedy Camelot Silver Proof 2-piece Set is U.S. legal tender, 50 cents and 1 dollar.
- BEAUTIFUL PROOF CONDITION – These two coins are both in beautiful proof condition, which means they were struck multiple times under high pressure for full strikes and breathtaking detail.
- INCREDIBLE PACKAGING – Your Kennedy Camelot Silver Proof 2-piece Set comes beautifully displayed in a deluxe presentation case and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
America’s short-lived Camelot was a time when America was seen as a beacon of hope. Its lasting legacy was to inspire and encourage the country to move forward. Now you can pay tribute to the Kennedy legacy with this special two-piece set. Add it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1998, 1964|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g, 26.73 Grams - g|