Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1986 $1 1-oz Silver Eagle Toned PCGS MS69 First Strike 81075965
First Year, First Strike Silver Eagles
In 1986, numismatic history was made when the U.S. Mint released the first-ever American Eagle Silver Dollars. In the 30-plus years since, these coins have gone on to become one of the most widely collected silver coins in the world. And this is where it all started!
What we have for you here is nothing short of extraordinary: some of the ONLY first-year Silver Eagles to have received a First Strike (FS) designation from the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS). Their existence is due entirely to chance. In 1986, third-party grading wasn’t nearly as common as it is today. But 30 years later, an inexplicably unopened box of 1986 Silver Eagles surfaced! Even more incredible, the box included a card verifying their strike date as December 1, 1986 – placing them among the first Silver Eagles to ever be struck!
Not only have we amassed a small cache of these first-year Silver Eagles designated as First Strike coins by PCGS, but unlike other coins from that fabled unopened box, each features stunning, unique toning, making each piece unlike any other Silver Eagle in history. This coin bears a serial number of #81075928 for its unique toning. In addition to this beautiful violet toning, each comes graded by PCGS as near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition! Secure yours today!
- ONE OF AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN DESIGNS -- Adolph A. Weinman's iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle – where her exquisitely detailed beauty has remained ever since. It’s paired with a reverse design that features a stoic and symbolic heraldic eagle created by designer John Mercanti -- the most prolific coin and medal designer in United States Mint history!
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The artisans of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms each one-ounce planchet of 99.9% fine silver into a beautiful piece of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each Silver Eagle bullion coin is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin's reverse.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- KEY FIRST STRIKE CERTIFICATION – Your coin has also been certified as a First Strike (FS) coin by PCGS, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and has documentation verifying that it was struck within the first 30 days of issue.
Here’s your chance to get the U.S. Mint’s highly coveted first-year 1986 One-Ounce $1 Silver Eagle graded by PCGS as being a beautifully toned specimen graded in near-flawless Mint State-69 First Strike condition. Add it to your cart right now!
|Year of Issue||1986|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.101 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|