Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1987 $1 1-oz Silver American Eagle PCGS MS69 - Direct from U.S. Mint Sealed Box
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $79.00 $76.67
Direct From a U.S. Mint Sealed Box of 1987 American Silver Eagles!
Each year when the United States Mint strikes it annual supply of popular and highly-coveted one-ounce American Silver Eagles, staffers carefully package them in 500-coin “monster boxes” to send them to shipping and distribution locations. These plastic containers help simplify both the storage, and more importantly for collectors, the security of these beautiful bullion coins. The U.S. Mint even has a video of the process!
Recently, the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS), took possession of a Monster Box from the key 1987 second-year-of-issue release, cracked it open and thoroughly inspected each and every coin. The result is a small cache of 1987 One-Ounce American Silver Eagles that the third-party grading service has certified as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 condition, a distinction that means these almost-flawless coins showcase impressive full strikes and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series!
Each coin has also been sonically sealed in an acrylic coin holder with a certification label further authenticating the coin as among those PCGS received for grading “Direct from U.S Mint Sealed Box.” That means these coins have not been passed through the hands of dealers and other collectors – it’s like receiving your coin directly from the mint!
This is an incredible find and an opportunity that will not last for long. Jump on this chance now and secure your 1987 American Silver Eagle Direct from a U.S. Mint Sealed Box!
- WEINMAN’S CLASSIC WALKING LIBERTY . . .— Adolph A. Weinman’s iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle with her exquisitely detailed beauty remaining on the coin ever since.
- . . . PAIRED WITH JOHN MERCANTI’S HERALDIC EAGLE! – This coin’s stoic and symbolic heraldic eagle was created by designer John Mercanti – the most prolific coin and medal designer in United States Mint history!
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The craftspeople of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms each one-ounce planchet of 99.9% fine silver into a beautiful piece of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each 1987 Silver Eagle bullion coin is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin’s reverse.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce American Silver Eagle has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- DIRECT FROM A U.S. MINT SEALED BOX – Your 1987 One-Ounce American Silver Eagle will also be accompanied by a certification label which further authenticates the coin as among those PCGS received for grading “Direct from U.S Mint Sealed Box.”
Step back in time 32 years and get a 1987 American Silver Eagle straight from the U.S. Mint! Click one of these numismatic treasures to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1987|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|