Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1989 Isle of Man 1-oz Silver Persian Cat Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $69.95 $67.89
The 1989 Persian Cat Silver Proof – Pobjoy’s Second Release in its Popular Cat Series
From 1988 through 2016, the world-renowned Pobjoy Mint released a series of proofs specifically for coin collectors who also happen to love those furry felines we love to call our pets and companions. Issued on behalf of the Isle of Man, the series became a massive hit soon after the first coin was released. In fact, the award-winning series, which depicted a one-year-only design of a different cat each year, has since become regarded as Pobjoy’s most popular and top-selling series.
Now you can add the key-date second year coin in the series to your collection with this 1989 Isle of Man Persian Cat Silver Proof. Struck in a Troy ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver, this legal-tender coin bears a denomination of 1 Crown and celebrates the unquestioned “supermodel” princess of the cat world. Expertly crafted by the artisans at the Pobjoy Mint, the coin’s proof finish is the result of hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
Thanks to their round faces and short muzzles, Persian Cats are often thought of as being snooty and stuck-up. Appearances can be deceiving, however, as the long-haired Persian is one of the most popular cat breeds in the world both for its elegant good looks and its sweet, gentle personality. As their name implies, these cats originated in Persia and Iran and it is supposed that they made their way westward in dusty caravans that brought rare spices, silks and jewels to Europe. Using every bit of their feline charm, Persians have ingratiated themselves into the hearts of cat-lovers around the world by assuming the mantle of being the ultimate lap cat.
This proof has a limited mintage of just 50,000 coins, which is why we consider ourselves lucky to have secured the small hoard we have. Are you ready to order now, or do we need to break out the laser pointer?
- KEY SECOND YEAR OF POPULAR SERIES – The 1989 Isle of Man Persian Cat Silver Proof is the second release in the Pobjoy Mint’s popular cat series that ran from 1988-2016. The coin’s reverse depicts the Persian cat, a breed recognizable for its long hair, pansy-like face and short muzzle. The coin’s obverse features a profile of a young Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 1989 Isle of Man Persian Cat Silver Proof is struck in one ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 1989 Isle of Man Persian Cat One-Ounce Silver Proofs are 1 Crown legal tender in the Isle of Man, a small island nation located in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Ireland
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1989 Isle of Man Persian Cat One-Ounce Silver Proof was expertly crafted by the artisans at the Pobjoy Mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LIMITED EDITION RELEASE – The worldwide limited edition of these coins was just 50,000.
There are only a limited quantity of 1989 Persian Cat coins left in the Pobjoy Mint’s vaults. Once they are gone, no more will be struck – ever. Don’t miss out, order yours now!
|Year of Issue||1989|
|Country||Isle of Man|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|