Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1991–1995-W $1 Silver World War II 50th Anniversary Commemorative Proof
Honoring America’s Contributions to World War II
During the World War II years of 1941-1945, America sent her young men to fight in battles in the South Pacific, Europe, Africa and even Alaska. On the home front, citizens planted victory gardens, rationed goods, bought war bonds, and held scrap metal drives – all while Rosie the Riveter proved that yes, she COULD do it!
To prepare for the 50th Anniversary of the end of World War II, the U.S. Mint released this commemorative silver dollar in 1993 with a dual date of 1941 and 1945 to mark the period of America’s involvement in the conflict. Struck in 90% silver, the legal-tender coin is bursting with symbolism. Designed by U.S. Mint sculptor-engraver Thomas D. Rogers, Sr., it shows an American soldier on the beach at Normandy on the obverse with the dual dates of 1991 and 1995. The coin’s the reverse depicts the shoulder sleeve insignia of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF), with a quotation from General Dwight Eisenhower made to the troops before the D-Day assault on Normandy on June 6, 1944.
Each year, the U.S. Mint strikes one-year-only commemorative silver dollar proofs. These magnificent coins make a touching present to a loved one or an important addition to your collection. Secure yours now!
- TRUIBUTE TO AMERICA’S INVOLVEMENT IN WORLD WAR II – This coin was released to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the ending of America’s involvement in World War II from 1941 to 194.5 The coin was designed by Thomas Rogers and shows an American soldier on the beach at Normandy while the reverse depicts the shoulder sleeve insignia of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF), with a quotation from Dwight Eisenhower made to the troops before the D-Day assault on Normandy on June 6, 1944.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each of these commemorative dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COMMEMORATIVE – These 1991–1995-W $1 World War II 50th Anniversary Silver Commemoratives are $1 legal tender.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1991–1995-W $1 World War II 50th Anniversary Silver Commemorative was struck at the West Point Mint in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The final mintage for the 1991–1995-W $1 World War II 50th Anniversary Silver Commemorative Proof was just 342,041.
Pay tribute to the sacrifices made by the veterans of WWII with the 1991-1995-W World War II 50th Anniversary Silver Commemorative Proof. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1993|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|