Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1991 Isle of Man 1-oz Silver Norwegian Cat Proof
The 1991 Norwegian Cat Silver Proof – Pobjoy’s Fourth Release in its Popular Cat Series
From 1988 through 2016, the world-renowned Pobjoy Mint released a series of proofs specifically for coin collectors who also happen to love those furry felines we love to call our pets and companions. Issued on behalf of the Isle of Man, the series became a massive hit soon after the first coin was released. In fact, the award-winning series, which depicted a one-year-only design of a different cat each year, has since become regarded as Pobjoy’s most popular and top-selling series.
Now you can add the key-date fourth year coin in the series to your collection with this 1991 Isle of Man Norwegian Cat Silver Proof. Struck in a Troy ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver, this legal-tender coin bears a denomination of 1 Crown and celebrates a cat bred especially for the cold winters of Scandinavia: The Norwegian Cat. Expertly crafted by the artisans at the Pobjoy Mint, the coin’s proof finish is the result of hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
Famed for its strength, intelligence and thick woolly coat, the Norwegian Forest Cat is a uniquely Scandinavian species steeped in the enchantment of ancient Norse legends. Brought to Norway around 1000 AD by the Vikings, the Norwegian Cat is described as courageous and always on the alert. This breed is not only larger than an average cat but also has a lot of energy and demands a lot of attention – especially from people they like. They are swift and effective hunters with claws so strong that they are able to climb rocks. Powerful and rugged, the Norwegian Forest Cat is equally at ease inside lounging on their favorite person’s lap.
This proof has a limited mintage of just 50,000 coins, which is why we consider ourselves lucky to have secured the small hoard we have. Are you ready to order now, or do we need to break out the laser pointer?
- KEY FOURTH YEAR OF POPULAR SERIES – The 1991 Isle of Man Norwegian Cat Silver Proof is the fourth release in the Pobjoy Mint’s popular cat series that ran from 1988-2016. The coin’s reverse depicts the Norwegian Forest Cat in splendid detail. The coin’s obverse features a profile of a young Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 1991 Isle of Man Norwegian Cat Silver Proof is struck in one ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 1991 Isle of Man Norwegian Cat One-Ounce Silver Proofs are 1 Crown legal tender in the Isle of Man, a small island nation located in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Ireland
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1991 Isle of Man Norwegian Cat One-Ounce Silver Proof was expertly crafted by the artisans at the Pobjoy Mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LIMITED EDITION RELEASE – The worldwide limited edition of these coins was just 50,000.
There are only a limited quantity of 1991 Norwegian Cat coins left in the Pobjoy Mint’s vaults. Once they are gone, no more will be struck – ever. Don’t miss out, order yours now!
|Year of Issue||1991|
|Country||Isle of Man|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|