Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1991-S $1 Silver USO 50th Anniversary Commemorative Proof
Honoring the Organization that Keeps GIs Connected to Home
Founded in 1941 at the request of President Franklin Roosevelt, the United Service Organizations (USO) has been a bright spot for military personnel for nearly 80 years. A non-profit organization that provides entertainment to U.S. Armed Forces and their families, the USO has boosted the morale of millions of servicemen and women with appearances by comedians, singers and Hollywood stars all over the world – often in active combat zones! Among the famous personalities who have performed in USO tours are Irving Berlin, Marilyn Monroe, Gary Sinise, Carrie Underwood, and of course, Mister USO himself, Bob Hope, who was made an honorary veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces for his tireless dedication to the USO and its mission.
In 1991, to honor the 50th anniversary of the beloved service organization, the U.S. Mint released this commemorative silver dollar. Struck in 90% silver, the legal-tender coin is brimming with symbolism. Rhode Island artist Robert Lamb’s obverse design shows a USO pennant and the words 50th Anniversary. The coin’s reverse was designed by John Mercanti and shows an Eagle on top of a globe with a ribbon in its beak containing the incused letters USO.
Each year, the U.S. Mint strikes one-year-only commemorative silver dollar proofs. These magnificent coins make a touching present to a loved one or an important addition to your collection. Secure yours now!
- HONORING THE GOOD WORKS OF THE USO – This coin was released to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the United Services Organizations (USO). The coin’s obverse was designed by Robert Lamb and features a USO pennant and the words 50th Anniversary. The reverse was designed by John Mercanti and shows an Eagle on top of a globe with a ribbon in its beak containing the incused letters USO.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each of these commemorative dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COMMEMORATIVE – These 1991-S USO 50th Anniversary Silver Commemoratives are $1 legal tender.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1991-S USO 50th Anniversary Silver Commemorative was struck at the San Francisco Mint in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The final mintage for the 1991-S USO 50th Anniversary Silver Commemorative Proof was just 321,275.
Pay tribute to the good works performed by the USO with the 1991-S $1 USO 50th Anniversary Silver Commemorative Proof. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1991|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|