Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1992-2010 United States Silver Proof Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $1,695.00 $1,645.00
$423.75 / month
1992-2010 U.S. Silver Proof Sets
Did you know that modern U.S. Mint Silver Proof Sets owe their existence to a fire? It’s true! A fire at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in 1817 destroyed much of the mint’s equipment. It was replaced with new “high tech” minting equipment from Europe that allowed the mint to strike coins several times, and to make proofs.
Well, over the next several years the mint employees were like kids in a candy shop, striking proof coins to show off their skills with the new-fangled equipment. But they didn’t sell these coins to collectors. They kept them in their own “mint cabinet.” Many of these coins eventually ended up at the Smithsonian®, where they are now part of our treasured national coin collection.
Later in the 19th century, the mint struck proof coins to order. And starting in 1936, they began selling complete Proof Sets. Since then, the historic U.S. Silver Proof Set series has grown to become one of our most popular issues each year. We’re pleased to be able to offer 19 years of Proof Sets between 1992 and 2010 – even the scarce 1999 set, the first to include all five Silver State Quarter proofs. Each set includes the Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Silver Roosevelt Dime, Silver Washington Quarter, Silver Kennedy Half Dollar and Native American Golden Dollar from the year they were issued. The 2007 through 2010 sets include the four Presidential Dollars issued those years.
These sets are also key because they marked a change for the Mint’s Proof sets. Beginning in 1992, the Mint began producing proof sets with the cupronickel denomination replaced by coins struck in 90% fine silver. In addition, since 1999, all of the quarters released in any one year of a series since 1999 are also struck in silver!
Every set comes in its original U.S. Mint packaging. If you already have a few of these sets, here’s your chance to complete your collection or get a jump start on a more complete collection by ordering the 19 years of Proof Sets from 1992 through 2010. U.S. Mint Silver Proof Sets make great gifts for birthdays, graduations and other special occasions.
- COINS STRUCK EXCLUSIVELY FOR DISCERNING COIN COLLECTORS – While the coins in the U.S. Mint’s Uncirculated Mint Sets are struck much the same way that circulation coins are struck, Proof coins are struck from specially prepared planchets and are struck specially for collectors.
- 19 YEARS OF U.S. MINT PROOF SETS – The U.S. Mint has been striking special proof sets since 1936. The striking of Proof coins was suspended from 1943-1949 and again from 1965-1967. That means this 19-set collection accounts for more than 25 percent of all the years Proof Sets have been struck!
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are all legal-tender coins in the United States.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in this spectacular collection of 1992-2010 U.S. Mint Silver Proof Sets will come in exquisite Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
Get 19 years of U.S. Mint Silver Proof Sets – more than a quarter of all Proof Sets released since 1936 – with the 1992-2010 Silver Proof Collection. Click it to your cart today!
|Denomination||0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, 1.00, Varies|
|Coin Weight||31.07 Grams - g|