Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1992 Isle of Man 1-oz Silver Siamese Cat Proof
The 1992 Siamese Cat Silver Proof – Pobjoy’s Fifth Release in its Popular Cat Series
From 1988 through 2016, the world-renowned Pobjoy Mint released a series of proofs specifically for coin collectors who also happen to love those furry felines we love to call our pets and companions. Issued on behalf of the Isle of Man, the series became a massive hit soon after the first coin was released. In fact, the award-winning series, which depicted a one-year-only design of a different cat each year, has since become regarded as Pobjoy’s most popular and top-selling series.
Now you can add the key-date fifth year coin in the series to your collection with this 1992 Isle of Man Siamese Cat Silver Proof. Struck in a Troy ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver, this legal-tender coin bears a denomination of 1 Crown and celebrates the oriental beauty of the Siamese Cat. Expertly crafted by the artisans at the Pobjoy Mint, the coin’s proof finish is the result of hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
Instantly recognizable for its blue, almond-shaped eyes and triangular-shaped head, the Siamese Cat first made its way west more than a century ago as a gift to the English consulate general in Bangkok from the King of Siam (now Thailand). With its slender, elongated and muscular body, the Siamese Cat possesses a regal disposition. Siamese Cats are one of the oldest breeds of domesticated cats in the world and are noted as being highly inquisitive creatures that save all their affection for just one human companion. According to legend, these felines were temple cats that perched on tall columns around the throne and would jump onto people and scratch their faces if they threatened the king.
This proof has a limited mintage of just 50,000 coins, which is why we consider ourselves lucky to have secured the small hoard we have. Are you ready to order now, or do we need to break out the laser pointer?
- KEY FIFTH YEAR OF POPULAR SERIES – The 1992 Isle of Man Siamese Cat Silver Proof is the fifth release in the Pobjoy Mint’s popular cat series that ran from 1988-2016. The coin’s reverse depicts the mysterious good looks of the Siamese Cat in splendid detail. The coin’s obverse features a profile of a young Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 1992 Isle of Man Siamese Cat Silver Proof is struck in one ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 1992 Isle of Man Siamese Cat One-Ounce Silver Proofs are 1 Crown legal tender in the Isle of Man, a small island nation located in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Ireland
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1992 Isle of Man Siamese Cat One-Ounce Silver Proof was expertly crafted by the artisans at the Pobjoy Mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LIMITED EDITION RELEASE – The worldwide limited edition of these coins was just 50,000.
There are only a limited quantity of 1992 Siamese Cat coins left in the Pobjoy Mint’s vaults. Once they are gone, no more will be struck – ever. Don’t miss out, order yours now!
|Year of Issue||1992|
|Country||Isle of Man|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|