Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1994-P $1 Silver Women in the Military Commemorative Proof
Honoring the Women Who Served in the America’s Armed Forces
For generations, the pages of our nation’s history books have been filled with inspiring stories of servicemen fighting for our country. But it hasn’t been just men whose devoted patriotism and bravery helped defend and guarantee our liberties – some of the most unsung heroes of our nation’s conflicts are women, who for many years have gone unrecognized for their contributions. In the 1980s an effort was launched by women veterans to build a memorial for servicewomen. Supported by both the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars, a bill to create the memorial was finally passed in 1986 and construction finally began in 1995.
In 1994, the U.S. Mint recognized America’s servicewomen with the release of this commemorative silver dollar, the sales of which helped fund the Women in Military Service for America Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. Struck in 90% silver, the legal-tender coin is a majestic tribute to America’s women veterans. T. James Ferrell’s obverse design shows the profile of servicewomen representing the five branches of the United States military – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard. The coin’s reverse was designed by Thomas Rogers, Sr., and shows the approved design for the Women in Military Service for America Memorial.
Each year, the U.S. Mint strikes one-year-only commemorative silver dollar proofs. These magnificent coins make a touching present to a loved one or an important addition to your collection. Secure yours now!
- TRUIBUTE TO THE WOMEN OF THE ARMED FORCES – This coin was released to pay tribute to the contributions of women serving in the Armed Forces. The coin’s obverse was designed by T. James Ferrell and features the profile of servicewomen representing the five branches of the United States military. The reverse was designed by Thomas Rogers, Sr., and shows the approved design for the Women in Military Service for America Memorial.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each of these commemorative dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COMMEMORATIVE – These 1994-P $1 Women in the Military Silver Commemoratives are $1 legal tender.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1994-P $1 Women in the Military Silver Commemorative was struck at the Philadelphia Mint in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The final mintage for the 1994-P $1 Women in the Military Silver Commemorative Proof was just 241,278.
Pay tribute to the servicewomen of America’s Armed Forces with the 1994-P $1 Women in the Military Commemorative Proof. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1994|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|