Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2-oz Silver High Relief Peace Dollar Tribute BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.95 N/A
This product DOES NOT allow the following payment options: Bank Wire GM or Split Pay .
Grab A “Peace” Of the Action With this Special Tribute Round
In 1918, Congress passed the Pittman Act, authorizing the melting of 350 million Morgan Silver Dollars to use for the war effort. The act stipulated that after the war, the silver had to be struck into silver dollars again. So, in 1921, the mint designed a new “Peace Dollar” that was to be struck in massive high relief. And, for a few short weeks in December of 1921, the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia struck them. Because the coin proved to be too difficult to strike, the Mint opted for a low-relief version in 1922, making the 1921 High Relief Silver Dollars the only ones ever struck for circulation.
Today, the 1921 High Relief Peace dollar is one of America's all-time classic coin issues. It’s the first Peace dollar, it’s a one year-only type coin, and it’s gorgeous. It can also be difficult – if not downright rare – to find in high grades. Now you can combine your love of classic coin designs with amassing lots of silver with this Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) tribute round struck to honor the 1921 High Relief Peace Dollar.
Let’s talk about the silver first. Unlike the original 1921 version struck in 26.73 grams of 90% fine silver, these beauties are struck in two full ounces (62.07 grams) of highly pure 99.9% silver! To accommodate all that gleaming silver, the round is slightly bigger than the original at 39 mm compared to 38.1 mm in diameter and is much thicker! When you hold this restrike in your hands, you can feel it!
Then there’s the design featuring unforgettable images that can be best described as being iconic. Designed by 34-year-old Italian-American sculptor Anthony de Francisci, the obverse features the head of Lady Liberty wearing a crown of rays modeled after the Statue of Liberty. The model for Lady Liberty was 23-year-old Teresa Cafarelli de Francisci, the young sculptor’s wife. Imprinted on the coin’s obverse are “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRVST,” and the 1921 year date. The reverse features an eagle at rest clutching an olive branch before a rising sun, along with the inscriptions “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM” and the precious metal content. And with its incredible high relief, this round has all the qualities of a classic piece of bas relief art.
This collectible restrike represents a great way to stack lots of silver with a unique twist! Add one – or several – of these tribute rounds to your personal collection today!
- A BEAUTIFUL DESIGN RICH IN SYMBOLISM – The Peace Dollar is a true American symbol of peace. Fascinated by the Statue of Liberty, designer Anthony De Francisci's obverse presents Lady Liberty wearing a crown of rays, like that on the Statue of Liberty. The reverse features an eagle holding the olive branches of peace, rather than the typical olive branches and arrows of war.
- INCREDIBLE HIGH RELIEF – This fantastic restrike is even more spectacular with its high relief designs. This is the way America’s Peace Dollar was meant to struck!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Silver High Relief Peace Dollar Tribute was struck in two ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measures 39 mm in diameter.
- ORIGINAL BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your Two-Ounce Silver High Relief Peace Dollar Tribute will come in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint.
The Two-Ounce Silver High Relief Peace Dollar Tribute Round is a great way to honor America’s Peace Dollar while stacking lots of silver! It’s a unique piece you’ll love having in your collection. Click one to your cart right now!
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|