Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2007-2008 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Eagle NGC MS70 2pc Set
Marking a Change in the World’s Most Popular Series!
The American Silver Eagle Series began in 1986 and had remained remarkably consistent since its inception. The coin has become the most popular government bullion issue on the planet, with some years having mintages of over 40 million pieces. The Walking Liberty design was brought back for the original issue after first appearing on the half dollar from 1916-1947. Designed by Adolph Weinman, the image continues to be one of the most recognizable in American numismatic history. While the obverse image is a classic, the reverse was created by John Mercanti specifically for this series. Featuring an eagle guarding a union shield under thirteen stars, it was modeled off of the Great Seal of the United States.
- Iconic Walking Liberty Design – One of the most famous designs in the history of American coinage.
- Perfect Mint State 70 Grades – In perfect condition according to the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Two Troy Ounces of 99.9% Fine Silver – A high standard of purity!
- See the Change – Features a rare difference from one year to the next.
- Two Dollars Legal Tender for the United States – Each coin was struck from .999 fine silver by the United States Mint.
While there are several annual bullion issues from various countries and territories throughout the world, the American Silver Eagle stands out due in large part to the fact that it is backed by the United States government. The coin consistently has one of the highest mintages year after year, a testament to the confidence that people have in it and the ease with which it can be recognized and exchanged on the secondary market. Between 2007 and 2008, the “U” in “UNITED STATES” changed, with the 2008 version being taller, thinner, and with a tail. With so few of these sets available and such a significant change in an otherwise very consistent series, these will be gone fast. Order yours from GovMint.com today!
|Year of Issue||2008, 2007|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|