Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2009 Zachary Taylor Presidential Golden Dollar Error Coin BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.00 $96.08
Whoops! Missing Edge Lettering 2009 Taylor Presidential Dollar Is Yours if You Act Fast
From first glance, there’s nothing wrong with this 2009 Zachary Taylor Presidential Dollar. But take a look along the edge and your collector’s eye will widen with surprise – these are supposed to have edge lettering! How could this have happened, you ask? While it’s believed that some of the coins may have simply slipped past quality control, it has also been proven that some of these “error” coins were actually stolen – right out from under the noses of U.S. Mint officials!
The U.S. Mint revised a decades-old process of adding edge lettering when the Presidential Dollars were first struck in 2007. The edge lettering was supposed to contain the year, the mintmark and the motto E PLURIBUS UNUM. It mostly worked fine, but a small number of coins missing the edge lettering escaped the mint. This 2009 Taylor Dollar was one of those so-called “Smooth Edge Dollar” error coins!
Thankfully these coins were recovered, and the thief who pulled off the crime has been held responsible for his actions. More than just a simple heist, however the nefarious actions of this individual also created a small subset of missing edge-letter Taylor Dollars! We’ve managed to secure a small hoard of these coins, and now you can add one of these historic pieces to your collection in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. Who knows? Maybe the very coin you receive was one the thief held in his own hand, admiring his stolen goods!
It's rare to find such a glaring error on a coin struck at the U.S. Mint. Add this 2009 Zachary Taylor Missing Edge Lettering Presidential Error Dollar to your collection before our small supply is gone!
- UNIQUE ERROR COIN – The U.S. Mint revised a decades-old process of adding edge lettering when it began striking Presidential Dollars in 2007. The edge lettering is supposed to contain the year, the mintmark and the motto "E Pluribus Unum.” A small number of coins were struck without the edge lettering and somehow escaped the mint’s attention.
- POPULAR PRESIDENTIAL COIN PROGRAM – Presidential Golden Dollars were struck to honor America’s Presidents. The program began in 2007 with four coins issued each year in the order that they served. In 2011, the government suspended the production of Presidential Dollars struck for circulation in an effort to save money. Beginning in 2012 lower mintages were struck and only for collectors. To be featured on one of the coins, a former President must be deceased for at least two years before issue. Former Presidents Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and current President Donald Trump are ineligible to have a dollar coin issued in their honor. The series ended in 2016, after honoring Ronald Reagan, the last President who was eligible.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COIN – Each 2009 Zachary Taylor Missing Edge Lettering Presidential Dollar is $1 legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2009 Zachary Taylor Missing Edge Lettering Presidential Dollar will come in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as fresh and crisp as the day it escaped detection at the U.S. Mint.
Error coins are always unique and popular. Now you can secure the 2009 Zachary Taylor Presidential Dollar Missing Edge Error Coin. Make no mistake about it, this is a coin you want in your collection!
|Year of Issue||2009|
|Coin Weight||8.1 Grams - g|