Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2011-P $1 Silver Medal of Honor Commemorative Proof
Action-Packed Coin Honors America’s Most Distinguished Veterans
The Medal of Honor is the oldest continuously issued combat decoration of the United States Armed Forces. The medal is given out to recognize distinguished acts of bravery among all branches of the military and so revered that it is normally given out only by the president. Through 2018, just 3,522 medals have ever been awarded since the medal was first introduced in 1861. Among those who have received the medal are William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, President Theodore Roosevelt, Alvin C. York, Charles Lindbergh and Audie Murphy.
In 2011, to honor the 150th anniversary of the establishment of the nation’s highest award for valor in action, the U.S. Mint released this commemorative silver dollar. Struck in 90% silver, the legal-tender coin features an action-packed design of a modern-day soldier carrying a wounded buddy across his shoulders. The image was the work of designer Richard Masters and sculptor Phebe Hemphill. The coin’s obverse was designed by Jim Licaretz and shows the three modern Medals of Honor for the Army, Navy and Air Force.
Each year, the U.S. Mint strikes one-year-only commemorative silver dollar proofs. These magnificent coins make a touching present to a loved one or an important addition to your collection. Secure yours now!
- HONORING THE BRAVERY OF AMERICA’S FINEST WARRIORS– This coin was released to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the of the establishment of Medal of Honor. The coin’s obverse was designed by Licaretz and shows the three modern Medals of Honor for the Army, Navy and Air Force. The reverse was designed by Richard Masters and Phebe Hemphill and features an infantry soldier under fire carrying a wounded buddy to safety.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each of these commemorative dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COMMEMORATIVE – These 2011-P $1 Medal of Honor Silver Commemoratives are $1 legal tender.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2011-P $1 Medal of Honor Silver Commemorative was struck at the Philadelphia Mint in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The final mintage for the 2011-P $1 Medal of Honor Silver Commemorative Proof was just 112,833.
Pay tribute to our nation’s bravest warriors with the 2011-P $ Medal of Honor Silver Commemorative Proof. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2011|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|