Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2012 $1 1-oz Silver Eagle PCGS MS70
Silver Eagles that Survived “The End of the World”
Why is the American Silver Eagle one of the most collected coins in the world? Is it because of its United States provenance and guaranteed silver purity? Or maybe it’s due to its 33 years of history, originating in the Reagan administration as a way to spur private silver ownership? Perhaps it’s a result of the coin’s stunning combination of Adolph A. Weinman’s classic Walking Liberty with John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle? There’s only one clear answer: It’s because of ALL those reasons – and more!
In fact, Silver Eagles are so hot and are selling so fast in February of 2019 the U.S. Mint was forced to temporarily suspend orders when its inventory ran out! Sales had reached a whopping 2,157,500 by the end of February compared to 942,500 at the same time in 2018. The suspension of Silver Eagle sales isn’t unprecedented, but it is much more common later in the year as inventories decrease and the mint winds down the year’s production of coins.
Now you can add to, start or fill a gap in your collection with this 2012 Silver Eagle – and in exceptionally high-grade condition to boot! Your 2012 One-Ounce American Silver Eagle has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. It’s a magnificent coin from the same year London hosted the 2012 Summer Olympics, the first Avengers movie was released, and the end of the Mayan calendar – which some people predicted would mean the end of the world – came and went with no catastrophes, no alien invasions and little to no consequence.
No matter why you love collecting American Silver Eagles or how you’ve come to appreciate them, we have the 2012 Silver Eagles that are right and ready for your collection. Whether you love them for their art or for their precious metal (or both!) we have the coins sure to delight collectors and silver stackers alike!
- WEINMAN’S CLASSIC WALKING LIBERTY . . .— Adolph A. Weinman’s iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle with her exquisitely detailed beauty remaining on the coin ever since.
- . . . PAIRED WITH JOHN MERCANTI’S HERALDIC EAGLE! – This coin's stoic and symbolic heraldic eagle was created by designer John Mercanti – the most prolific coin and medal designer in United States Mint history!
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The craftspeople of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms each one-ounce planchet of 99.9% fine silver into a beautiful piece of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each 2012 Silver Eagle bullion coin is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin’s reverse.
- GRADED IN PEFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2012 One-Ounce American Silver Eagle has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
Silver Eagles like these are perennial favorites, usually flying out of our vaults as soon as they arrive! Whether you're new to the series, a diehard collector or a silver stacker looking to add to your reserve, this is your chance to secure these 2012 Silver Eagles for your very own. Don't wait – order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2012|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|