Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2012-SW 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Eagle 2pc Set NGC MS69 First Releases Box #1
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $199.00 $193.13
$99.50 / month
Bringing Variety to an Annual Favorite!
In 1986, the United States began issuing gold and silver bullion, with both coins bearing the name of the national bird, the eagle. Due largely to the stability and reliability of the government, which guarantees the weight and purity of each coin, the series quickly emerged as a favorite of coin collectors and silver stackers alike. While proof and burnished versions of the coin, as well as very slight variations in fonts, offered collectors some variation, the decision in 2011 to meet the high demand for the coins by supplementing the West Point Mint’s production of them at other mints started a new craze for those looking for variety in their favorite series. Several labels for graded coins now indicate at which mint a particular coin was struck, which is necessary since the bullion versions do not bear mint marks, but sets from the first two years that include coins from both the West Point and San Francisco Mints can be hard to find. In fact, we have just over twenty of them for our customers!
- ICONIC WALKING LIBERTY DESIGNS– Since the beginning of the series in 1986, Silver Eagles have borne the iconic Walking Liberty design that Adolph Weinman created for the half dollar. The design was struck on half dollar coins from 1916-1947.
- AMONG THE FIRST 2-MINT ISSUES– While the home of the bullion Silver Eagle has moved before, they have all lacked mint marks. It wasn’t until 2011 that identifying at which mint the coins were struck became relevant, as that is when demand necessitated their production at multiple mints. These coins come from just the second year in which bullion ASEs were struck at more than one mint.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER– Both of the coins in this set are $1 legal tender in the United States. Coins from the U.S. are considered extremely desirable both because they are so easily recognizable and because the U.S. government backs them for weight and purity.
- UNIQUE “STRUCK AT” LABELS WITH BOX NUMBERS– The labels of these coins note the mints at which they were struck. Uniquely, they also include the numbers of the Monster Boxes from which they came, which is particularly appealing given that they come from the FIRST 20 from each mint.
- VIRTUALLY FLAWLESS MS69 FIRST RELEASES-- Your coins will be graded Mint State-69 (MS69) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your almost-flawless coins will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections -- well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- A RARE OPPORTUNITY – Although GovMint received the first twenty 2012 ASE Monster Boxes from both mints, nearly all sets were sold at the time. Now, our remaining few sets – just over 20 – are available for our customers.
The beauty and history of Adolph Weinman’s Walking Liberty design have combined with the reliability of the United States government to make the Walking Liberty the world’s favorite bullion coin. Unlike some of its counterparts, such as the Australian Kookaburra, the British Britannia, and even the Canadian Maple Leaf, bullion issues in the series have offered very little variety throughout its three-plus decades run. That is why the introduction of supplemental production has proven particularly appealing for collectors. With just over twenty of these sets from 2012 currently available at GovMint.com, this unique opportunity to get this duel mint set will be gone soon, so don’t wait to place your order!
|Year of Issue||2012|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S, West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|