Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2014 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle PCGS MS70 Milk Spot - Mercanti Signed Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $52.50 $50.95
First Ever Australia Silver Eagles – Designed by John Mercanti, 12th U.S. Mint Chief Engraver!
Since the United States Mint struck its first Silver Eagles in 1986, the series has been one of the most popular in the world. And now, another mint with a reputation for producing superb coins has joined the party! It’s the first-ever Silver Eagle from Australia’s famed Perth Mint. And to pull it off, the head honchos from Down Under went right to the source and secured the services of John Mercanti, the now-retired 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint, to design the coins!
This is the first time in coinage history that a U.S. Mint Chief Engraver has designed a coin for another world mint! Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver, the coin feature Mercanti’s rendition of Australia's wedge-tailed eagle, its claws outstretched, about to land on a tree branch. You'll agree that it's a spectacular, lively design. What makes it even more spectacular is that these coins were struck in stunning high relief, giving the bird a fabulous dimensionality reminiscent of a museum-quality sculpture.
In addition, each coin in this offer has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. Each coin will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a special label personally signed by Mercanti himself!
Another interesting aspect of the coins in this offer is the presence of “Milk Spots.” According to PCGS, these are white spots that have occurred among many modern commemoratives struck in 99.9% silver. It is believed the spotting may have something to with the way silver planchets have been prepared or washed. While the coins available in this offer do exhibit some spotting, they still attained a perfect grade from PCGS.
Time is running out for those who would like to add this history-making proof to their collections. Only 10,000 legal-tender $1 proofs were minted, and Australian collectors had the first crack at them. Fortunately, GovMint has the exclusive U.S. distribution rights and we still have some available! We welcome this important release into the family of Silver Eagles, and you’ll heartily welcome it into your collection, too!
- FIRST-EVER AUSTRALIAN SILVER EAGLE – This coin is the first-ever Silver Eagle from Australia’s famed Perth Mint. It features a Wedge Tail Eagle on the reverse and the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- A HISTORY-MAKING COLLABORATION – This is the first time in coinage history that a U.S. Mint Chief Engraver has designed a coin for another world mint. The coin was designed by John Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2014 Australia Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle was struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2014 Australia One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle coins are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Each 2014 Australia One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle was graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- PERSONALLY SIGNED BY A COIN LEGEND – Each coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a special label personally signed by John Mercanti, one of the most prolific designers in U.S. Mint history!
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Perth Mint set the worldwide limited mintage for this coin at just 10,000 – and GovMint has the exclusive U.S. distribution rights.
There’s still time to secure the first-ever 2014 Australia One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle – and you can get it now personally signed by its designer: John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief engraver! Click it to your cart before these eagles all fly away!
|Year of Issue||2014|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|