Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2015 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof NGC PF69UC w/Flag Core & Mercanti Signature
Australian Silver Eagles Designed & Signed by John Mercanti, the U.S Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
The U.S. Mint has been striking Silver Eagles ever since 1986. But “eagle-eyed” collectors by now know that Australia has been striking its own eagles since 2014. And to make sure it was done right, Australia’s famous Perth Mint recruited John Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint, to design the coins! This is the first time in coinage history that a U.S. Mint Chief Engraver has ever designed a coin for another world mint!
These coins all depict Australia's wedge-tailed eagle and now you can get the second-year 2015 release struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver as a legal-tender proof. The absolutely magnificent design shows a wedge-tailed eagle, its claws outstretched, about to land on a tree branch. You'll agree that it’s a spectacular, lively design. What makes it even more breathtaking is that the coins are struck in stunning high relief, giving the birds a fabulous dimensionality reminiscent of a museum-quality sculpture.
Each Australia Silver Eagle in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 (PF69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless proof will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, your 2015 Australia One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof will come sonically sealed in an acrylic case with an exclusive flag display core and a label personally signed by the coin’s designer, John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver and the most prolific coin designer in U.S. Mint history. These are the only NGC-graded 2015 Australia Wedge Tail Silver Eagles available that come housed in a unique flag core holder and signed by Mercanti.
We welcome this important striking into the family of Silver Eagles, and you’ll heartily welcome it into your collection. But with a small mintage of just 5,000 silver dollar proofs we don’t know when we will able to find more of these coins and when they’re all gone! Click one to your cart now to avoid disappointment later!
- AUSTRALIA EAGLE DESIGNED BY U.S. MINT CHIEF ENGRAVER – The coin’s reverse was design by John Mercanti, the now-retired 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint. It depicts an impressive Wedge-Tailed Eagle in mid-flight as it prepares to land on a tree branch. The design also includes the inscription AUSTRALIAN WEDGE-TAILED EAGLE, year, silver purity and The Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2015 Australia Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof was struck by the Perth Mint in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2015 Australia One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proofs are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2015 Australia One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 (PF69) condition.
- PERSONALLY SIGNED BY A LEGEND IN THE COIN WORLD – The coins in this offer all come sonically sealed in an acrylic case with an exclusive flag display core and a label personally signed by John Mercanti.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE EDITION – The mintage for this proof was set at just 5,000 – and these are the only NGC-graded 2015 Australia Wedge Tail Silver Eagles housed in a unique flag core holder and signed by Mercanti.
There’s still time to get Australia’s 2015 One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof designed by former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti. Order yours now while you still can!
|Year of Issue||2015|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|