Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Arizona 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Rattlesnake Apache Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
A Safer Way to Visit the American Southwest!
While romanticized notions of cowboys and Indians and long, beautiful drives through the desert offer a convenient way for movies and TV shows to portray the Southwest, the reality is today, as it was in the past, potentially much deadlier. This coin features both human and animal figures that presented two of the most serious risks of the past, the latter of which remains. The obverse features an aging Apache Indian holding a rifle. The Apache were known as fierce defenders of their territory who spent centuries fighting the Spanish, Mexican, and American militaries to defend their land, which included parts of modern day Arizona, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, and even Mexico. On the reverse is a small but fierce predator, whose venom can kill a human with a single bite.
- HONORING NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY -- While the Apache, like other Native American tribes, were ultimately unsuccessful in defending the bulk of their land, their heritage lives on. This coin was issued by the tribe and portrays one of their members in a traditional headdress.
- STUNNING 99.9% SILVER PROOF -- This coin was struck from 1-oz 99.9% fine silver at the Native American Mint.
- THE “UN-DOLLAR” -- Each Native American Dollar coin bears a face value of $1. Because the coins were issued by the respective tribe rather than the U.S. Mint, though, they are not considered legal tender.
- PURCHASE WITH A PURPOSE -- The proceeds from Native American Dollars go to raising awareness of Native American tribes.
For millions of Americans, Native Americans are only people of the past. The Native American Dollar series, however, makes it known that many tribes, while smaller, continue to preserve their rich heritage today. In fact, proceeds from each coin sold go toward raising awareness of just that. This Arizona Silver Apache Rattlesnake Proof celebrates one of the best known and recognized tribes and shows one of its members in traditional dress while also honoring a deadly creature that continues to live in the Southwest. Place your order at GovMint.com today, though, because these coins will go faster than a rattlesnake bites!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|