Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Australia $8 5-oz Silver Koala High-Relief NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $575.00 $558.04
$191.67 / month
First-Ever Five-Ounce Silver Koala Certified as a First Day of Issue Proof
2016 presented a first for collectors of Australia’s famous Silver Koala series. Never before had buyers been able to secure Five-Ounce Silver Koalas certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being First Day of Issue (FDI) coins! Only 5,000 of these coins were struck that year and only a fraction received the coveted FDI certification.
To attain an FDI certification from NGC, a coin must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
In addition, each coin was struck in stunning double-sided high relief with a one-year-only design on the reverse that depicts an adult koala walking along the branch of a eucalyptus tree. Coined by the Perth Mint under the authority of the Australian government, each proof is $8 legal tender in Australia, and displays an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
You’ll be absolutely bamboozled by how incredible these high-relief designs appear minted in five full ounces of 99.9% fine silver! As a testament to the quality and craftsmanship of these coins, NGC has graded them as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
Collectors are always scrambling to find first-ever issues and designations. Not only is this proof an incredible piece of numismatic art, but it’s also flawless coin that was among the very first struck in the series. Hurry and secure this first-ever FDI Five-Ounce Silver Koala now!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY KOALA DESIGN – These coins feature a one-year-only design depicting a koala walking along a tree branch. The coin’s obverse is graced by a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Both designs are struck in beautiful high relief and the Perth Mint’s famous “P” mint mark appears to the right of the Koala near the coin’s edge.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each of these Australia Silver Koala High-Relief Proofs has been struck in five ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2016 Australia Five-Ounce Silver Koala High-Relief Proofs are $8 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2016 Australia Five-Ounce Silver Koala High-Relief Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in flawless Proof-70 Ultra cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your proof to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It was the first-ever five-ounce Silver Koala to receive an FDI certification from NGC.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Limited edition for the 2016 Australia Five-Ounce Silver Koala High-Relief Proof was set at just 5,000.
There’s still time to get one of these first-ever NGC-certified First Day of Issue 2016 Australia Five-Ounce Silver Koala High-Relief Proofs. Don’t miss out; click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Royal Australian Mint|
|Coin Weight||155.5 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|