Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 10 Dollar 1/2-oz Silver Star Trek Uhura Gem Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
Celebrating Star Trek’s Chief Techie
Star Trek: The Original Series debuted on NBC in 1966 to rather poor ratings. NBC nearly cancelled the show during its second season but kept it on the air due to the efforts of its avid fans. Those efforts were not enough to save the series the following year, though. In spite of its fledgling origin, the show eventually led to five other series, including three sequels and two prequels, an animated series, and thirteen films. The fiftieth anniversary of the series that started it all is celebrated by the four-coin series of which this Uhura Proof is a part.
- THIRD OF FOUR IN ANNIVERSARY SERIES -- This 2016 Star Trek Uhura Proof is the third of four coins in a series that celebrates Star Trek characters on the 50th anniversary of the television debut of the series.
- EXQUISITE COLORIZED PROOF FINISH – This coin bears a stunning proof finish that contrasts beautifully with the color of Uhura, the Communications Officer of the Enterprise. It was struck from ½-oz of 99.99% fine silver, which is purer than the vast majority of other coins issued worldwide.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – The 2016 ½-oz Silver Uhura Proof is $10 legal tender in Canada. Canada is home to some of the world’s most beautiful natural scenery, including vast forests, deep blue lakes, and breathtaking shorelines.
- EXCELLENT EXTRAS – The coin comes in a themed display box from the Royal Canadian Mint. The inside of the lid features a colorized look at a tricorder, which features on the coin. Included in the box is a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Just 12,500 of these coins were issued, which is a low number given the widespread popularity of the series and the fervor of its fans.
While Star Trek appeals to a wide audience on a number of levels, one of the greatest attractions of just about any show or movie in the sci-fi genre is the forward-looking technology. This piece celebrates that asset with its image of a tricorder, a device that was used for sensing data and analyzing it. Modern devices have similar uses. Held by Communications Officer Nyota Uhura, it was ultimately a harbinger of what is real today but was only dreamed of just half a century ago. Add this coin to your collection today, or risk missing out on this celebration of an iconic series.
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz|