Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 10 Dollar Silver Maple Leaf Geese NGC PF69UCAM Early Releases
A Unique Look at These Beautiful Birds
Nothing symbolizes Canada as universally as the maple leaf. It appears on the country’s flag, is the centerpiece of its bullion coin, and now provides the shape for this stunning coin. This is the third time that the Royal Canadian Mint has issued a coin shaped like the distinctive leaf. On the coin are a pair of Canadian geese, who are swimming near the edge of one of Canada’s countless lakes or ponds. The waters are shallow enough for a branch to stick out between them, and every detail of the stunning birds, from their distinctive white cheeks to their gorgeous plumage, is on display. This coin is perfect for bird lovers, as well as anyone else who appreciates Canada’s great outdoors.
- THIRD EVER SHAPED MAPLE LEAF – While several maple leaf-themed coins have come before, 20116 ½-oz Silver Geese is only the third maple leaf-shaped coin that the Royal Canadian Mint has ever issued.
- FOUR NINE FINE WITH PROOF FINISH – Every 2016 Silver Maple Leaf Geese was struck at the Royal Canadian Mint from 1/2-oz of 99.99% fine silver. Each piece in the mintage also has a stunning proof finish that brings out the striking level of detail that went into each aspect of the design.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2016 Silver Maple Leaf Geese Proof is $10 Canadian legal tender, as shown at the bottom of the obverse. In addition to being home to one of the world’s elite mints, which produces countless series for a wide range of collectors, Canada is home to breathtaking scenery, which includes endless forests, deep blue lakes, and stunning shorelines.
- CERTIFIED NEARLY PERFECT -- Your coin will be graded Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections -- well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Bird lovers, wildlife enthusiasts, and collectors of shaped coins will have to share this relatively low 22,000-piece mintage.
Flying south for the winter and as far north as the arctic for the summer, Canadian geese migrate long distances and are seen by millions of people in the United States and Canada every year. These beautiful birds swim peacefully in waters where they can stay cool and catch fish near the surface. Fittingly, this coin has them set on the quintessential symbol of Canada swimming near the shores of one of the country’s countless bodies of water. Like Canadian geese wherever they may be, these coins will soon be gone, so order yours now at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||15.7 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz|